Meeting death

Death is something that everyone fears, something everyone knows will one day take them. So what happens when you meet death face to face? do you welcome it? or do you fight it? if you welcome it, you give up any chance of life....but if you fight it....it gives death more of a reason to force you into it...so what would you do?

When i was little, my mother told me not to fear death. That was until she died. My mother and father were going on a drive, and had left me with my aunt Patty. It was raining and the roads were slippery.I was eight at the time and didn't quite hear the meaning behinde the words they said to me when they left.

"We love you Shade, don't forget that do you understand?" My mother says. I nod, looking deep into her eyes. My dad steps up and takes me in his big beefy arms. He looks at me and smiles.

"Be good for your aunt Patty, Don't scare her with your little pranks, understand?" I grin and nod, a smile plastered to my face. My mother strokes my face and her smile wobbles. I frown.

"What's wrong mama?" my voice quiet, but worried. She smiles and shakes her head.

"Nothing baby, nothing." They give me one last squeeze and leave.

little did i know that that was the last time i saw them. I blame myself for their deaths, everytime i think back to that one night, i see their faces, and they seem to be angry at me. Yelling and accusing me of not picking up on the meaning in their words that night. Every time i close my eyes, i see their cold, pale, unmoving faces in their coffins, the bleak expressions and there neat clothes.