t h r e e

A/N okay I swear I'm done changing the font now (also this one's ugly bc it's like 1 am and I don't have the energy for this)

we still editing boys 🤑

***

Monday arrived almost too soon for Taehyung. He looked at himself in the mirror, bringing a hand to his precious, virgin hair which was going to lose its purity in such little time. He sighed and finished getting ready, making sure his contacts, shoes, and bag were in place before heading out, breakfast not even crossing his mind.

He drove to school and parked in his usual spot, slinging his bag over his shoulder before heading in. He dropped a few books off at his locker, taking only what he needed for first period out before stuffing his bag in there and swinging the metal door shut.

"Geez!" He yelled, almost jumping out of his skin when he saw Jungkook appear almost out of nowhere from behind the locker door. "You're going to give me a heart attack."

"I know I'm good looking, but you might be over-exaggerating a little bit," Jungkook said with a chuckle. "Anyway, I was wondering if you'd want to play Overwatch after school for a bit at my place. You're the best player I know and I really need someone like you on my team."

"Oh, sure," Taehyung smiled, the younger's first comment completely slipping his mind. "Just send me your address and I'll be there."

"What's your number so I can just text you?" He asked. "That'll be easier than sending it over Instagram."

After exchanging numbers they headed to their first class together, Jimin and Hoseok each waiting to see the same person. The latter got to him first, though, basically jumping in front of Jimin.

"For a minute I thought you weren't going to show up," Hoseok said, grabbing Taehyung's arm and pulling him toward his seat as Jimin watched with an unimpressed expression. "So are you, like, friends with them now or something?" He whisper-asked.

"I guess you could say that." Taehyung shrugged. "I'm going to have to spend a lot of time with Jimin because of that list and Jungkook basically worships my Overwatch skills."

Hoseok almost looked upset. "Are you sure you can trust them?" He asked. "You know how they are."

"What are you talking about?" Taehyung raised an eyebrow. "Aren't you the one that suggested I go to the party in the first place?"

The door closed just as Hoseok opened his mouth, signifying the start of class. The air between the boys felt tense, which bothered Taehyung. He didn't want to have an argument with him so soon in their friendship, but what Hoseok said offended him. Yeah, Jimin and Jungkook may be polar opposites of him, but hanging out with them felt nice. It felt like he belonged somewhere, and it felt like Hoseok was just trying to take that away from him.

***

As usual, Taehyung was one of the last ones to leave the classroom. He packed his things up and started toward the door, Hoseok already being long gone. Just as he passed through the frame, though, someone grabbed him by the arm, yanking him to the side.

Any anxieties subdued when he saw that the person who grabbed him was Jimin, who silently motioned for him to follow him. They both casually walked down the halls until they reached a side door, Jimin pushing it open and letting Taehyung out first before following.

"My hands are shaking so much I don't think I could even hold a pencil," Taehyung said breathily, looking down at his palms. "How can you stand doing this so much? It feels like I'm going to have a panic attack or something."