t w e n t y t w o

A/N: to clear any confusion, Sanha is 14; Myungjun, Eunwoo, Moonbin, and Minhyuk are 15; and Jinwoo is 16. they're all freshmen tho bc fuck you don't question my logic

anyway, like I was saying, the SK law that you have to be 18 to drive a car can suck my ass bc like in this bitch of a world it's gonna be 16. fight me.

ALSO YSBXJJCC JAY MF PARK YUH 😤😤

***

Taehyung didn't sleep much on Friday night. He had way too much to think about to even approach slumber. To his unsurprised dismay, though, this led to a very groggy and slow Saturday.

Nothing really even happened until about twelve when he got a text from a certain enhusiastic freshman, inviting him to come along with him and his friends to the mall.

Normally Taehyung never went shopping unless he actually needed something, but there was no way he would turn Sanha down over an almost non-existent reason like that. Besides, he needed a distraction from his numerous problems and what better way than to spend the day with people several years younger than you?

He was ready and picked up by twelve thirty, a car sitting outside of his house with six guys in it. Taehyung felt a bit awkward about spending time with people he didn't know, but figured that if they were all as talkative as Sanha then there'd be no problem.

The vehicle was a seven-seater, coincidentally. Taehyung was placed into the back with Sanha, who introduced him to everyone.

"In the driver's seat is Jinwoo, but we normally call him Jinjin. Beside him is Eunwoo and then in the middle row is Moonbin and Minhyuk," Sanha said, each boy waving or at least grinning at Taehyung when they were introduced. "Now, in the cool kid row, is Myungjun, my bestest friend in the world, and us."

"Nice to meet you all," Taehyung said with a friendly smile. "I hope it's not weird that I'm coming along. Sanha invited me and I-"

"Don't worry about it!" Jinjin insisted. "Any friend of Sanha's is a friend of ours."

Taehyung didn't really say much on the ride there, only really speaking when Sanha made an effort to include him in conversation or someone asked a question. He did kind of feel like he was intruding a bit but it would be rude to back out now. He just hoped the tense awkwardness for go away as the day progressed.

They soon reached the mall, which just so happened to be the same one he had encountered Kris at all that time ago, and evacuated the car. Taehyung felt himself laugh as the younger ones scurried off, forcing the rest to walk faster in an attempt to keep up.

"I don't see how they can have so much energy," Taehyung said with a chuckle, referring mainly to Sanha and Myungjun.

"Trust me, you get used to it after a while," one of the others responded. Despite his age, his prominent cheekbones and stature made him look fairly older.

"It's Moonbin, right?" Taehyung smiled when the other nodded in affirmation. "It might take me a while to remember all of your names."

"Don't worry about it. I'm pretty sure most of the guys will be too invested in themselves or whatever they choose to do to even notice if you call them by the wrong name," Moonbin assured him, returning the smile with a sparkling one of his own.

The group basically just went everywhere Sanha and Myungjun dragged them, the two hyper personalities seeming to never tire. It wasn't until they were sitting the in food court a few hours later that they finally voiced their exhaustion.

"My legs hurt," Myungjun whined, his counterpart nodding in agreement as they finished off their fries.

"I'm just glad there's no school tomorrow," Jinwoo commented. "You dorks would be complaining the whole time."