s e v e n

Quick PSA: I don't give a fuck about the accuracy literally if you have an actual tongue piercing and this shits wrong I really couldn't care less

***

The footsteps that echoed out from underneath Taehyung's and Jimin's feet was the only thing, save the pair's breathing, that was heard as the two walked. The bag on Taehyung's back seemed to weigh more and more with each ounce of nervousness that grew in his stomach. The tattoo from the day before may have hurt like hell, but it would be much easier to hide than a piercing right in the middle of his tongue.

"You always worry so much." Jimin's soft voice snapped Taehyung out of his daze, the older nudging his arm. "It's just a tongue piercing. Its not like it's a nipple one or something."

Taehyung forced himself to smile at the comment, Jimin sighing when he saw it.

"Don't force yourself to smile if you don't find it funny," he said. "I can tell the difference between your real smile and that one."

"Sorry." Taehyung scratched the back of his neck. "I'm just too nervous to find anything funny right now."

Jimin held the door open for Taehyung, following him into the cold building. It wasn't too far from the tattoo shop they had entered the day before and was a lot less shady.

The pink-haired boy sighed again upon seeing Taehyung chew mercilessly at his lip. "Are you scared of your mom seeing it?" He asked, getting a shrug back. "You can always take it out when you're with her--just make sure it doesn't end up closing up or anything."

"That's not all I'm worried about," Taehyung admitted. "What if it doesn't look good or if it gets infected and I have to cut my tongue off?"

Jimin laughed at his paranoia. "You're being ridiculous, just wait here." He walked off toward a desk at the end of the hallway, Taehyung deciding to pull his phone out to calm his nerves a bit. With nothing else to do, he took a picture of himself with Jimin in the background, snickering at the caption he wrote out as he posted it to Instagram.

lmao he's gonna have a fit when he sees this

where are you now? I swear it's like you're going and doing something crazy every day.

damn he's got that gucci on again

Taehyung marvelled at the amount of likes he gathered in just a few minutes. His phone buzzing interrupted him, a message from Bogum showing up.

Surprise! I'm coming to visit this weekend :))

***

Although the place itself was nicer, the chair he was sat in was less comfortable than the one at the tattoo parlor. He shifted constantly until a woman approached him and began telling him how the procedure would go down. He just nodded silently and let her get to work.

A clircle was drawn on his tongue with a blue marker, the muscle then being held in place with a sort of clamp.

"This might hurt," the piercer said, Taehyung feeling a sharp pain in his tongue half a second later. Then, a long barbell was put through the hole. He was instructed to leave it in as much as possible, as taking it out could result in the tongue regrowing around the hole, which Taehyung wouldn't complain about. The idea of him having a tongue piercing wasn't too appealing, anyway.

Jimin went through the same procedure afterwards, barely even flinching when the needle went through his tongue.

"See, that wasn't so bad, was it?" Jimin asked Taehyung once they were walking down that same hallway toward the exit.