f o u r t e e n

A/N: tfg sanha has an ig so I didn't have to make an actual damn edit smh all I had to do was change the likes, time, and my pfp to taes. bless.

***

Jimin walked into first period, not seeing Taehyung in the seat where he usually was. He shrugged as he figured the boy had just slept in, taking his seat and setting his books down, almost pissing himself when Jungkook stormed in and slammed a palm against his desk.

"What the fuck, dude?" Jimin yelled, glaring up at his friend.

"What did you do to Taehyung?" Jungkook demanded. "I swear, Jimin if you hurt him-"

"What are you talking about?" Jimin chuckled. "I didn't do anything to him."

"Then why the fuck did he make me get his stuff from your place and start crying when I called him last night?" Jimin's eyes widened, looking into Jungkook's fiery ones.

"I really didn't do anything, though," he insisted. "Did he say it was me that made him upset?"

"No, but I don't see any other reason for him to be fucking crying--especially since he wouldn't even get his stuff from your house."

Hoseok, as well as the rest of the class, watched as the two argued, Jungkook accusing Jimin of upsetting Taehyung and Jimin denying it.

He felt worry grow in his chest, remembering that Taehyung had mentioned his feelings for Jimin before. It was obvious Jimin wasn't the relationship type, which meant that, even without directly doing anything, it was still very possible for him to be the reason he was crying.

It wasn't his plan to jump to conclusions, though. He decided it would be best to make sure that was the truth before embarrassing himself by lashing out at Jimin (and ultimately getting his ass kicked.)

Both Jimin and Hoseok thought about what could have possibly upset the boy during the rest of class, neither paying much attention to the lesson at all.

It wasn't until Hoseok was stopped in the hall by a tall, dark-haired boy that he finally snapped out of his thoughts.

"You're one of Taehyung's friends, right?" He asked with a warm smile.

"Yeah, why?" Hoseok replied. "Are you?"

"Not really," the boy laughed softly. "Our families actually work together and I was wondering if you could help me sort of get close to him. It would make both of our families happy, and I'm not really sure how to approach him on my own."

Hoseok nodded, grinning at the shy boy. "I'd be glad to help," he said. "What's your name, by the way?"

"Kris," he answered. "Kris Wu."

***

Taehyung was awoken by a hand pressing against his forehead, opening his eyes to see his mother.

"Are you feeling well?" She asked upon seeing him awaken, her hand falling back to her side. "I saw your car still in the driveway and came to check up on you before leaving for work. It doesn't feel like you have a fever."

"I feel like dying," Taehyung muttered and rolled over so his face was buried in the pillows.

"Do you want to see a doctor?" His mother asked, thinking he meant it was because of him 'not feeling well.'

"I just want to sleep." Despite how muffled they were, she seemed to understand her son's words. She stroked his head and placed a kiss on the top of it before leaving after informing Taehyung she'd be back before four.