Chapter Two

2

Looking at the mess in the kitchen, I suppress a much-needed sigh as I make my way to the dish. Aaron neglects to clean anything and everything. 

He seems to believe that dishes clean themselves, despite the fact that he leaves half of his food on the plate to dry and crust. 

I was halfway into cleaning the dishes when Aaron decided to walk into the room. I felt him before I could see him, his arms snaked their way around my waist causing me to jump up and connect my shoulder with his chin. 

"Fuck Roni!" He cried out, cradling his injured chin. "What the hell is wrong with you?" I gasped, dropping the wet plate into the sink, moving my hands to touch his injured face however as soon as my hands reached his face he hissed and flinched away. "Your hands are soaking!" 

"God, I am so sorry!" He rolled his eyes at my apology, his hand continuing to rub on his chin. I bit my bottom lip nervously, awaiting another argument on how I should be paying attention more.

"Idiot." He muttered as I went to dry my hands on a hand towel. The grip on my bottom lip got tighter at his words. I've upset him. "Whatever, I don't want to fight right now Veronica." 

Instantly I perked up at his words, resisting letting out a breath of air. Thank god, fighting with him makes me go on an emotional roller coaster. 

Aaron sighed, removing his hand from his chin and resting both of them on my hips with his forehead placed lightly upon mine. He moved his head for a brief second to kiss the tip of my nose before returning his forehead on mine. 

"My brother is coming to stay with us for a while." 

"What?" I refrained from shrieking however it was hard to keep my voice at a steady volume with how surprised I was. Aaron pulled back from me and frowned when he saw the expression. "What do you mean?" He rolled his eyes, an irritated expression soon made itself feel at home on his face.

"I meant what I said, my brother is coming to stay with us for a while." Soon I was becoming as irritated as Aaron. 

"I know what you said, I'm not an idiot." I glared at Aaron, his eyebrows shooting up in surprise at my reaction. "Why is your brother coming to stay with us?" 

The loving man I know disappeared quickly after my attitude was on show and almost automatically I was terrified, I regretted talking back immediately. His hands that were once placed on my hips now harshly gripped onto my shoulders.

His face was inches away from mine, his eyes steadied at the same level as mine. I could hear him regulate his breathing before he spoke, making me incredibly uneasy. 

"You don't need to know why my brother is staying over, all you need to know is that he is going to stay over. Don't like it? Leave. The door is right there." He moved my body to face the door and proceeding to push my body lightly in that direction. 

I shook my head slowly, turning back at Aaron. "No, no it's fine." My voice was shaky and I attempted to steady it before I spoke again. "It's okay, when is your brother coming?" I forced a small smile on my face while I made my way back to the sink trying to distract myself from crying. I didn't want to cry in front of him, he'll think I'm weak, he'll leave me.  

"Tonight." I refrained from shrieking in shock, instead, I focused on the dirty dishes that needed to be cleaned, my nails occasionally digging into my palms forming crescent marks on the inner of my hand. 

I hummed while I nodded at what Aaron was saying. "Oh, cool." He hummed in response, replacing his arms around my waist and resting his chin on my shoulder that once connected with his face.