Chapter Fifteen

CHAPTER FIFTEEN

Aaron's eyes narrowed at his brother's naked torso and then averted to me-- his frail promise-breaking girlfriend. 

"Jesus man, you're wasted." Gage groaned, unaware of his brother's harsh glare towards the both of us as he moved to stable Aaron. 

Before Gage could reach him, Aaron let out an animal-like sound before roughly shoving the man in front of him as hard as his drunken state could muster. Gage didn't fall, simply stumbled back in shock and confusion.

"Asshole." He spat, verbally and physically however instead of his initial target-- Gage-- his saliva painted the wall behind him. Gage raised an eyebrow at his drunken brother, his very own dark expression mirroring Aaron. 

"Watch yourself, brother." Gage straightened up, narrowing his eyes that the drunk fool in front of him. He took small-- almost threatening-- steps towards Aaron, however, he made no move to physically touch him. 

Standing to the side, I felt as if both of the brothers had forgotten that I was even here. The rivalry that had suddenly appeared between them almost glossing over the fact that I was still here. 

"Watch yourself, brother," Aaron repeated what was said to him, however, Aaron had spoken it in a much harsher and vicious tone than Gage had. 

Gage was warning, Aaron was challenging. 

"How about you go take a breather?" It was clear that Gage didn't want to fight his brother. Getting to know him for the past few days it was clear to me that he loved Aaron deeply, family was important to him. 

Aaron scoffed at Gage's suggestion, a scowl evident on his face.

"How about you stay the fuck away from my girlfriend?" It wasn't a question. After his sentence, Aaron's gaze met mine as his scowl deepened, a new wave of emotion washing over his face when he looked at me. 

Disappointment? Embarrassment? Let down? I wasn't sure.

Gage stumbled slightly, it was only then that I noticed that Aaron sent another rough push in Gage's direction after his words?

"What are you on about?" The shock was evident in Gage's voice, he snapped his head to me with confusion in his eyes. I had to turn away from his gaze, inching closer to the wall as Aaron continued to yell at his older brother.

"Don't play fucking stupid with me! I fucking caught you!" Profanities were flying out of Aaron's mouth as he continued to go red in the face. Midway from his sentence, Aaron sent me another glare. 

My head fell down as I tried my hardest to focus on my unpainted toe nails. I didn't own any nail polishes, Aaron hated the smell. 

"What are you on about?" Gage repeated himself, however, this time he wasn't shocked nor confused, his voice was low almost as if he was trying to keep calm.

Was I going to witness a fight between the Cardell brothers? Was I going to be the cause of a fight between the Cardell brothers? 

"You are an asshole," Aaron ignored his brother's questionings as he cursed. He looked back at me and even though I was far from him, I could almost see the flames dancing circles in his eyes as he narrowed them into slits. 

"And you're a slut." He sneered.

"Watch your mouth," Gage growled at the drunken mess in front of him, closing the distance between them as he gripped on the collar of the man's shirt-- they were almost nose to nose. "Watch what you say next."