Chapter Twenty Four

CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR

Sitting in the diner alone, I thought about everything that had gone done. 

I didn't think that Gage was showing off any signs of wanting anything more than friendship for him, I let him in. I chose to get closer to him. 

As for myself, I wasn't sure what to think. Did I want more from him? Aaron has always been on my mind, but I couldn't help but agree to the fact that when I was with Gage I wouldn't think of Aaron one bit. It was wrong of me, but it was true. 

I sighed in annoyance, rubbing my face aggressively in hopes that maybe that would wake me up from this dream. However, it wasn't a dream. 

I was a terrible person, a terrible girlfriend. I have never hidden anything so big from Aaron before. 

Aaron knew that something like this was going to happen-- he kept telling me, he was so self-conscious about it, and what he didn't want to happen happened. I made it happen, I let it happen. 

"Stupid, stupid!" I muttered to myself, resting my forehead roughly on the palms of my hand. 

How could I let this happen? I let myself feel things for Gage that should only be for Aaron, and I let myself let loose with him. What was wrong with me?

"Is there a reason you're calling yourself stupid?" Ellie's voice broke me off from the argument I was having with myself. My head snapped up to see Ellie seating opposite me, giving me a look with her brows lifted. 

"Ellie! Um, hi!" I hesitated, ignoring her question. "I'm so glad you made it!" I was overly being giddy to hide the fact that I was such a horrible person. 

"I invited you?" 

"Um--" I stammered. "Right." I cringed inwardly while on the outside, I let a weak giggle as I looked away from the big sister in front of me. 

Ellie gave me another odd look before moving on. 

We both had ordered our food and quick enough it was on the table in front of us. The best part of this diner was the speedy service. 

Ellie eyed my food-- a small serving of salad with pieces of chicken within. It was one of the only things I ate here, everything else Aaron told me was much too fatty for me to eat. 

"Is that all you're getting to eat?" I cringed at her judgment. Gage did the same thing the first time that we were eating here.

Why did everyone want to judge how and what I ate? Was it that bad? Not that it was everyone's concern. 

"Yes, problem?" It was natural to give my sister attitude, it was what kept up alive. Ellie raised an eyebrow, dropping any focus she had on her plate of fish and chips as she crossed her arms over her chest. 

"A big one. Ron, you always had a big appetite-- you don't even like salad!" She wasn't wrong, I didn't like salad as much I gave off. It tasted like wet and green- if green had a taste. It was like biting into water.

I only ordered it for Aaron because he cared so much for my health and believed that salad was the best thing for me-- all he ever does is care and look what I did, I made a fool out of him. 

"It has chicken." I protested, before stabbing my fork into the salad and greedily eating it in front of my sister's eyes. Still, she looked unfazed as I ate with her brow arched to the sky. 

"Pizza is your favourite, why not order that?" Aaron told me that pizza was just oily bread that was bad for the body. 

"I wasn't hungry--"