Chapter Twenty Five

CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE

Once again, Aaron never showed up. It was as if this wasn't his home anymore. And for some reason, I wasn't bothered.

I suppose the revelation that Aaron was spending his nights in someone else's bed was the breaking point for me. But the problem was I didn't know where to go. 

All I could do is stay with him, I was stuck. Everything I had was with him, he is all I have. The house we live in is his. The money we share, all his. All I had to my name was my studio and my damn pink car.

I sighed in annoyance, sitting up from bed. Most likely Aaron was at someone's house. 

It irked me, not that he was currently cheating on me but how he would constantly scream and yell at me, calling me a whore for cheating when I never did so-- I mean, until today. 

I never once cheated on him when it came to him accusing me, and Gage wasn't the first person for him to accuse me with. Every male friend I made, Aaron had yelled at me for even considering those men as friends. 

I glanced at my phone that sat on the table. After the other day when I found my phone on the table, I kept my phone with me at all times. I couldn't help but think of that day and glare in distaste.

Snatching my phone off the table, I unlocked my phone and instantly went to change the passcode-- memories from the other day came to me. 

***

TWO DAYS AGO

"Aaron can I use your phone for a moment, mine isn't working right now," I called from the kitchen, making my way to the living room to see Aaron snoring on the couch with his face directly pressed on the cushions of the couch, his back to the table in front. 

Unbelievable, it was only three in the afternoon how on earth could he tired now? What is he even doing a night that tires him out this much?

I sighed, taking action in my own hands as I saw his phone on the coffee table in front of him. 

Turning on his phone, I swiped to type in the code only to be locked out of his phone; 'INCORRECT CODE, TRY AGAIN'. 

What?

I tried again, I probably typed it wrong. I pressed the numbers from memory-- I couldn't remember the last time I used his phone but we had promised each other to keep the same code; it helped with trusting each other. 

However once again; 'INCORRECT CODE, TRY AGAIN'.

What the hell? 

I shook my head. I need to get this right. He wouldn't change his passcode, I'm probably being an idiot.

Again I pressed the numbers from memory.

5 - 7 - 9 - 4 - 6 - 8, OK.

Buzz! 'INCORRECT CODE, LOCKED FOR 1 MINUTE'.

I frowned, my brows knitted as I gently put Aaron's phone back down. 

Hmm, must just be my memory messing up. 

***

I glared at my phone childishly as I changed my passcode in the name of being petty. 

If he could change his passcode, then so could I. 

Suddenly my phone buzzed, interrupting the quiet sound of nothing in the room. I jolted slightly at the noise before looking at the brightened screen.