Chapter Seventeen

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

Despite the fact that Gage said, clear as day, to me that he would always be there for me-- the next day I woke up with this bed empty. 

The fact that he left during the night did not only irk me but enraged Aaron.

He didn't remember what happened the night before, he didn't remember how he saw me talking to his shirtless brother nor did he remember how his own blood had knocked him out cold for hours. 

I didn't know if Aaron believed I had any part in Gage's disappearance, the man was completely wasted that he couldn't even remember leaving the bar that day. 

What was Aaron even doing in the bar so late? Not knowing how he spends his life makes me feel overly uneasy while he knows everything I do.

I sat the opposite of Aaron at the table, my fork stirring around the eggs I made for us. It was the first time in a while that Aaron sat at the table with me eating breakfast, I was surprised he wasn't already at work as he continued to ignore me. 

As I glanced at Aaron, whose complete focus was on his phone and not on the breakfast I spent my time making, I considered; do I still want to apologize? 

The way he spoke to me, the way he spoke about me in front of Gage the other night upset me. The way he instantly reacted as if he had walked in on Gage and I making love in front of him irked me.

How could he not trust me? How could he disrespect me in front of his own brother, embarrass me of calling me a slut in front of someone I barely know? I understood how he was yell and swear at me when it was just the two of us, but with an audience? 

Was that how he truly felt?

"What are you looking at?" Aaron questioned, causing me to slightly jump in my seat unaware that he had caught me staring. 

"Sorry, I was just thinking," I muttered, averting my eyes to the eggs in front of me. I wasn't hungry, I hadn't been in a while. 

"About?" He continued. 

I raised my eyebrows slightly, as I looked back up at him. He was making conversation with me, finally

"Us." I had been waiting to talk to Aaron forever, but at this moment I had no idea what to say. 

He raised an eyebrow at me, before standing up and packing away his work bag. "And what have you decided exactly?" 

I opened my mouth to speak but nothing came out, so I closed my mouth like I was a gaping fish. Furrowing my brows, I continued to think about Aaron and our relationship. 

Before I could think any further, he moved close to me. Moving my hair from my face, he inched his face closer to mine and my eyes fixed on him as his were on mine. 

"Think carefully baby, what made you can break you." He whispered in my ear-- his breath almost tickling me. Before moving away he placed a kiss on my cheek. 

Next thing I knew he was gone and out of the house. 

I huffed in annoyance, glancing at the door he had just left through. 

What the hell does that supposed to mean? 

***

Being home alone made me feel uneasy. It had been a while since I was home alone, with Gage around I never felt alone because he always seemed to be around. 

I missed it. 

Because being home alone didn't feel very appealing to me I decided that I wanted to go somewhere I hadn't gone in a while-- the studio.