Chapter Fourteen

CHAPTER FOURTEEN

I laid in my bed, unable to get to sleep. 

It was 1 AM and Aaron has still not come home, he never even came home for dinner either. I was expecting him to show. After hanging out with Gage for which seems like forever, I went to go make dinner; spaghetti bolognese which just so happened to be Aaron's favourite. 

He and his brother were so similar in some ways.

I had it all planned out. I was tired of the silent treatment, I wanted the love of my life back. I planned to make his favourite meal, and then I planned to have a chat with Aaron-- starting with an apology because I understood.

I understood why he was so upset; I broke my promise. A relationship is built on trust and I broke his. 

I was ready to throw all of our issues out of the window, however, he never showed. The time he was meant to be home passed and he never showed up; I called only for the call to be sent to voicemail after two rings. He saw it and he decided he didn't want to talk to me. 

I buried my head further into the pillow, a frown almost permanently plastered on my face as my mind couldn't stop going to back Aaron and where he may be. 

Every night he would come home late. He would not say a word to me, he'd simply throw himself in bed in the clothes he left in-- stinking of alcohol and sweat so there was no confusion as to where he may be every night after work. 

Biting my lip subconsciously, my mind wandered to what he may be doing. 

Is he cheating on me? Would he cheat on me?

I knew he was furious last time we spoke, he was holding back because he cared and because he promised he would-- he wouldn't cheat me on because of a little row, would he? 

He wouldn't. I know the man that I love, and he loves me just as much. I know that despite our arguments and despite our fall-outs, he would never jump into another woman's bed. He knows what that'll do to me. 

It would kill me.

I sighed, sitting up in my bed. I wasn't finding sleep anytime soon. I could only fall asleep with Aaron laying next to me, he wasn't here and for some reason neither was my need for sleep. 

I stood up from my bed, the sudden need for some cereal. I grabbed my phone for entertainment and made my way downstairs. 

The house was dark and quiet, Gage had gone to bed not long ago and all lights had been turned off. I shivered, keeping my phone tightly in my hand as the light from the screen illuminated the path. 

Darkness has always been a fear of mine, I never loved the idea of being in the dark-- especially all alone. Something about made me feel uneasy. 

When I made it to the kitchen, I was quick to turn on the light, illuminating the entire room which put my mind at ease.

I don't know why I was so scared of the dark. I know that you should grow out of fears like that when you grow up; here I am all grown at the big age of twenty-three and still the dark continues to paralyze me.  

My hand scanned all of the cereal boxes before pulling out my favourite one; Coco Pops. 

I have always love Coco Pops, maybe it was part of my intense love of chocolate and anything containing chocolate. The delicious taste of Coco Pops has never changed, it was the only thing constant in my life. 

I poured the cereal into the nearest bowl I could find, before pulling the fridge door in search of the milk. 

Milk, milk, milk. Where's the milk?