Chapter Twenty One

CHAPTER TWENTY ONE

That night, Aaron didn't come home until late. For the first time in the last past days where Aaron didn't come home, I no longer felt as if it was something to do with me and it was something I should attempt to fix. 

Instead, I felt annoyed, tired even. 

He ended up coming home when it turned dawn, only to clean up, and then he proceeded to leave the house all over again. The only reason I knew this was because I was awake the entire time. 

Laying in an empty bed, I didn't feel comfortable enough to fall asleep. Having Aaron beside me for almost three years made me feel dependent on his presence so not having it for a night was stress enduring. 

I chose not to go to the studio again, the lack of sleep I was having made me feel ill. Instead, I stayed in bed longer than usual, randomly sketching away in my sketchbook that I religiously hide under my side of the bed. 

I didn't want to risk Aaron ever seeing my sketchbook because I knew how he felt about my drawings, he hated them and didn't want them anywhere in this house. 

After a while, I got tired of sitting in my bed while I drew and decided to go downstairs for some coffee-- maybe that would make me feel better. 

When I got downstairs, there was something randomly in the middle of the island. When I got closer I realised that that random thing happened to be my phone and instantly I felt cold inside. 

In a rush, I snatched my phone from the table and instantly searching through my phone to see if anything was different however I found nothing. 

Why was my phone in the kitchen? I swear on my life that I had thrown my phone in my bag after I had called Gage. 

Then I froze.

Had Aaron taken my phone out of my bag and searched it? The only time he could have possibly taken it was if he had searched through my bag when he had come home. I leave my bag downstairs so it wouldn't be hard for him to do so.

I unlocked my phone and rushed to my call log, Gage being on the top of the list. I felt as if my heart was stuck in my throat. I was terrified by the thought of Aaron knowing that I had communication with Gage behind his back.

Does he already know? How would I know if he knew? 

Surely if he knew, he would have said something as soon as he found out. Leaving things like an open book like this was never how Aaron worked. 

As quickly as I could, I deleted the log of Gage's call from yesterday but I could feel like it wasn't quick enough. 

Aaron must know. Why did he even take my phone out of my bag, what was he even looking for? If it was if I had communicated with Gage then he would have definitely found it.

Suddenly, I didn't feel comfortable being home alone. But I didn't want to call Gage again, calling Gage was the reason I was feeling like this at the moment. 

Instead of calling Gage again, I scrolled through my phone to call Ellie-- she was the only person I could talk to right now, despite how we feel about each other. 

She was my sister in the end, and the things she said yesterday made me some type of way. I wanted to get to the bottom of it. 

However, while I was scrolling through my phone in the hopes of finding my sister's number, I couldn't find it. I remember clearly that I had saved her number back from the blocked list yesterday after I had seen her in the supermarket.