Chapter Six

6

I couldn't speak.

"I asked, where the fuck were you?" Aaron's voice got louder as the grip he had on my arm tightened. I've never seen him this angry before, I was terrified. 

Had I crossed the line? 

"I was eating o-out. With Gage." I squeezed. His nails felt like tiny knives going through my arm, making me let out a gasp as his grip got unbearably tighter. 

"Why the fuck were you out with my brother?" He roared. "Am I not enough? You have to fuck the next man that walks in this house?" He was so angry, he was unintentionally spitting at me while he was speaking-- or maybe he was intentionally spitting I wasn't sure. 

"N-No!" I tried reasoning with him. I would never go for his brother, I could never disrespect him like that. However, everything and anything I said to him seemed to make him angrier. 

"You fucking liar," He spat at me and then proceeded to yank my arm to the side and letting go, causing my body to hurdle into the wall.  As my hunched back hit the wall, my head swings back sending a blow to the back of my neck. 

Falling the ground, I couldn't help back scream. Aaron stalked towards me, his hands were quick to grasp the collar of my shirt and pulling it up, forcing my face towards him. "You are a fucking cheap whore Veronica, going for my brother the first day I'm at work?" One of his hands released my collar but only to grip my chin harshly, his nails digging into my face.

This pain was beyond anything that I have gone through with Aaron, he had never physically hit me before. 

I crossed a line. 

I gasped in pain, tears were unwillingly falling down my face as the pain I was increased second by second. "I would ne-never." I cried out. "Please Aaron!" I was sobbing uncontrollably. 

"Keep my name out of your whoring mouth!" He spat straight in my face, he let go of me only to send a harsh blow to the side of my face, causing my head to snap back in an intense manner. My head connected to the tiles of the floor in a smack. I didn't have time to react when Aaron had stood up and sent his foot into my stomach as I curled up on the floor. 

Kick after kick he continued to scream at me, his voice getting louder with each kick.

"You cheating slut!" Kick. 

"How dare you disrespect me like this!" Kick. 

"Without me, you would be nothing!" Kick. 

"No one will ever love you as I do!"He roared as he sent his foot into my body. He paused for a moment, pulling me up by my shirt as I swayed in the air. I had no control of my body, my legs felt as if they were going to give out if I was to rely on them and my head lulled back with the lack of strength I had to keep it up. 

"Do you want me to leave?" He sneered in my ear, pressing my body to the wall by pushing his own against me, one of his hands snaking up my bruised and bloodied body and wrapped around my neck with a tight squeeze. 

"I'll fucking leave you for dead, you would be dead without me." He continued to raise his voice in my ear, his hand getting tighter and tighter. I attempted to speak but the air leaving my body was too much and I was losing the ability to breathe. 

Aaron finally let go of my neck, watching as my body fell down slumped on the wall. He bent down and watched me intensely as I rushed to catch my breath. 

My throat started to burn and tears continued to rush down the sides of my face, I couldn't feel anything but the fire that had erupted within my throat. 

Aaron continued to watch me as I collected air. When I had breathed in enough air, I finally spoke; 

"Aaron, ple--" Instantly he cut off me before I could speak. His hand quickly found its place over my mouth to prevent breathing, his pointer finger and thumb pressing my nose closed, and once again I lost the ability to breathe. My eyes widened as I was losing air immensely and gripped onto Aaron's arm to pull him away but nothing was working. 

My panicked stance caused me to lose more oxygen, the fear of dying overwhelming me.

"You are to never go out to eat without me, let alone with Gage." He pulled my face close to his by the grip he had on my face. "Do you understand?" As quickly as I could I nodded my head, yes, the head feeling as if it was on fire as I moved. Aaron finally let go of my face, allowing me to once again breathe. "I want you nowhere near Gage without me present, do you hear me?" I nodded again, having no breath to speak. 

"Good girl," He spoke in a light tone, a complete opposite to how he was speaking early. 

He leaned in, getting closer to my face as he pressed his lips upon my cheek. When he pulled away, I noticed his lips were slightly coated in a red substance and it took seconds for me to realize that the red substance was blood that was currently leaking from cuts on my face, the blood mixing with my wet tears as it trailed down my face. 

Suddenly my head bashed into the wall as Aaron sent another rocketing fist into my face, I was in such shock that I didn't hear the crack of my nose from the impact-- however, I felt it.

A loud sob arose from me as the newfound pain rocketed through my body, never have a felt a broken bone in my life. Never have a felt the pain I was feeling in this very moment until now, never has Aaron ever laid a finger on me in fact. 

This was the first. 

I knew Aaron could be harsh sometimes, he showed that when we got angry with each other. He would always yell and show off his angry with words, never once has he physically hurt me. This showed me that he really was angry. 

"Get upstairs, Gage is coming home soon," Aaron spoke in a monotone voice, standing up and finally making a distance between us. "Go, now." It didn't take me anymore to leave, however, it took me a while to get up from the ground.

My arms continued to shake and threatened to buckle as I used the strength I could muster to lift myself up. Instead of helping, Aaron continued to watch me get up, a scowl quickly appearing on his face as I continued to fail to get up. 

Aaron grabbed my arm and pulled me up in a swift movement, dragging me around the house until he made it to the stairs. Instead of helping me up, he threw me to the bottom of the stairs; "You have legs, fucking use them." He sneered as he threw me. Before I could even land on the stairs, my head had a swift impact on the banister of the staircase, straight on the temple. 

And suddenly, everything went black.