Chapter Twenty Two

CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO

"What the actual fuck?" Ellie screeched, her hand gripping my phone tightly as she scrolled through my phone. 

I jumped up at her tone. Now that must have been too loud for human ears, I think I hear ringing oh god. 

"He blocked all of these numbers?" She asked, her eyes wide as her focus was solely on my phone. I shrugged, fiddling with my fingers. 

"I'm not sure it was even him." She gave me a deadpanned look. 

"You just told me that he is the only one with access to your phone." I nodded.

"Well yeah--"

"Then it has to be him!" She scoffed, shaking her head at me. "You never used to be this naive, Ron." I furrowed my brows at her and Ellie looked as if she was scanning me. 

"I am not naive." She rolled her eyes at me, placing my phone on the table in front of her.

"Baby, face it. You are naive."

"I am not naive!" I hollered in annoyance. I am not naive. 

"Naive." She whispered, sending a wink my way. 

"Whatever," I grumbled, causing her to laugh. "Do you know any of those numbers?" Ellie glanced back at my phone, her famous thinking face on.

I mean, it's only famous because she rarely has it. 

"No, but there is a way we can find out who these people are." 

"How?" Ellie gave me a look that told me; 'you're an idiot' however I chose to believe not. 

"Call them." 

***

After calling all of the numbers, which was a tiring process. Only half of the numbers had answered me but it was clear who the people were on the list. 

From the people we called, Ellie and I had realised that all of the people on the list happened to be old friends of mine-- every single one of them was friends of mine, especially they were friends of mine that had warned me about Aaron.

Hell, even our neighbours were on the list!

"I don't get it, El." I sighed, resting my head in my hand as Ellie sighed, leaning her head back. "Why would Aaron block them, they've done nothing wrong?" 

"Beats m--" Ellie was cut off by the front door opening and closing, causing both of us to freeze. 

Shit. 

Aaron was home. 

Nor Ellie and I could move. Ellie looked at me expectantly to see what I was going to stay, looking at me for orders but I had no words, I was still in shock at hearing Aaron come in.

Why was he home so early? Taking a look at my phone I noticed that the time was seven o'clock in the afternoon, which confused me even further because it was a Friday meaning that Aaron finishes work at ten o'clock in the afternoon and should be home around after ten-- not seven.

"Hey Roni, I'm home ear--" Aaron paused when he got into the living more, his eyes fixated on the back of Ellie's head. Ellie cringed, knowing full well why Aaron had stopped talking, and turned her head to look at him. 

"Hey, Aaron." She squeaked up. If I wasn't so overwhelmed by the events of this evening, I would have been confused as to why Ellie sounded so frightened when talking to Aaron. She seemed to notice as well and cleared her throat. "What's up?" She asked in her normal voice, giving him a smile.