Chapter Twenty

CHAPTER TWENTY

When I got back to the house, I wasn't sure what I was thinking.

Why on earth did I have all of those names on my blocked list. I had to figure that out. I didn't know whose was whose's so that was gonna be a long and complicated mess.

When I say that list was long, I mean that list was incredibly long. It was longer than my actual contacts list.

Carrying the bags into the kitchen, I huffed in annoyance. There was a small nudging in my head saying that the only real explanation was that Aaron had blocked all those numbers since he is the only other person that has access to my phone.

At the beginning of our relationship, he demanded that we were both completely honest with each other which meant giving each other our phone passwords-- since I keep the same passcode for all my phones because it was easier to remember-- the only other person who would have access to my phone was Aaron. 

But why would he access my phone and block all of those numbers? Why would he block my sister's number, what would he gain from that?

And I didn't want to focus on what she said about all those things he said to her about her baby and how I wished death on both of them-- was she telling truth? 

Why would she lie? But then again, why would Aaron lie?

This was getting to my head and I chose to push it away, and instead focused on getting to the bottom of the blocked contacts list. I wanted to know who was on the list and why they were on the list-- regardless of how they got there. 

I huffed lightly, looking around the kitchen I got annoyed that at how empty the room was-- how alone I felt. Looking at my phone, I considered ringing up my sister-- now she was unblocked-- but I let it be. After seeing her today breaking down in front of me I thought that was enough family bonding time for each other. 

I couldn't call Aaron because he was at work and regardless, even if he wasn't at work I wasn't sure if I wanted to see him or not. 

So I called the only other person I could; Gage. 

I knew that Aaron would furious that I had some type of connection with his brother, despite it only being a phone connection, but I didn't want to be alone right now and he was the only other option much to Aaron's dismay.

Asking Gage to come over was hard, in the beginning, he completely shut down the idea of coming back to the house, for some reason I felt as if he didn't want to see his brother but after telling him that he wasn't going to be in the house and that I would make sure he left before Aaron came back, Gage agreed to come over. 

It made me feel giddy that he was coming because I asked-- I suppose it made me feel like I had friends after all. 

After I had packed everything away, I opened a bag of cherries up and popping on in my mouth.

"Hola!" I almost shrieked in shock and fear of a new voice in the house. Jumping up in fright only to see Gage in the doorway. 

"How-- what the-- how did you get it? And why didn't I hear you? Are you a bloody ninja or something?" He laughed at me, before chucking a set of keys on the table-- the keys to the house that Aaron had given him when he first arrived at the house.

"And yes," I gave Gage a look. "I am a ninja." I rolled my eyes, picking the seed from the cherry out of my mouth and into the empty bowl next to me. 

"So," Gage began, striding his way to my side and sitting right next to me. "What'cha want to do?" He asked childishly, plucking a cherry from the bag and popping it in his mouth to my surprise.