Chapter Twenty Three

CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE

"Hey Ellie, I'm just calling to say that I'm sorry for snapping at you the other day. It's just-- I mean-- I just-- I'm really sorry, El please call me back." Beep! I left another voicemail for Ellie. 

I've been trying to call her all day but she's been ignoring all of my calls and I understood why. I snapped at her completely out of nowhere, I shouldn't have yelled at her-- she didn't deserve it. 

I sighed as I placed my phone on the table and focused on the almost complete canvas in front of me. I have been focusing on completing this one painting for a few days now. 

"Are you going to bother telling me why you snapped at your sister?" Gage asked, his body sprayed other the couch from behind the canvas. 

Every day that I have been in the studio, Gage was with me. I didn't know why he was constantly with me but I was complaining. He was wonderful company and I loved being around him. Plus when he was around me in the studio, I was overly inspired. It was after the sketch of his face that I got inspired to start an oil painting. 

I haven't done an oil painting in years, it was the worst painting style I could possibly do, however, while I'm with Gage I felt; why not? 

Something about him sent my stomach into somersaults. I peeked over the canvas to see Gage, his arms behind his head as he stared at me. 

"Are you ever going to tell me why you left the house without telling anyone?" I hit back, with an eyebrow raised as I scanned him. His outstretched arms behind his back caused the bottom of his top to rid up, the bottom of his torso showing. 

I unconsciously bit my lip as I forced my eyes to look away, looking back at the canvas. I cleared my throat before continuing to paint, my hand holding the paintbrush gently as I painted with canvas with all types of colours.

I heard Gage move from his position as he made his way behind me, his eyes fixated on the canvas while placing his hand on my shoulder. My sights flickered to the corner of my eyes where his hand laid, but decided to try and ignore it.

Keyword; try. 

Every moment I did, I couldn't help but notice how warm his hand was on my bare shoulder. 

"Wow V," He breathed out, making me realised how close he really was when his breath hit my ear making me slightly shiver. I wasn't sure if he noticed but the grip he had on my shoulder tightened for a moment as he gently squeezed. "That's incredible." He spoke in my ear, his head bent down to mine. 

"Thanks," I spoke, however, my voice was nothing but a whisper.

He was so close that he could bloody kiss my ear if he wanted to! Wait, did he? 

The distance between us-- or more so, the distance that wasn't between us-- made me nervous. I should move away, I shouldn't be this close to my boyfriend's brother however I didn't want to move, and Gage was making movements to move either. 

"What exactly inspired you to paint this?" 

The painting itself was a painting of two nude people, a man, and a woman. The man was holding on to the woman as she leaned in the air. The man was currently placing a kiss on her breasts as he held her. 

"Oh, um-- just felt romantic I suppose." I shrugged, letting out a fake laugh. 

I mean, I couldn't exactly tell him that he was the inspiration for the painting. How would he think? What would he even think? What am I thinking right now?

I shouldn't be painting nude lovers while thinking my partner's brother. 

"I can see that." His breath still tickled my ears as his hand fell from my shoulder and instead had its place rubbing circles into my arm.