Formality Sucks

"{Xingese}"
"\Xerxian/"
"Amestrisian"
"Telepathy/demon/animal/hive mind"
"<Enochian (universal language of entities)>"

Edward hummed, his legs hanging off of the roof, as he waited for the group of three to leave the small restaurant. He had been here for the better portion of a month, having just recently found his target, and was now simply waiting for the right time to show himself. The others had inevitably decided to leave, working on their jobs inside the Burrow instead, thus, Edward was alone at this moment, though that didn't stop the others from chatting nonstop to him over their mental links, or 'hive mind' as some others had begun to call it. What was he going to say? How would he convince Ling to teach him of how to perform the art of his people? More importantly, how would he explain things to Ling? What was he to do if Ling blabbed to the others of the blood that flowed through the goldette's veins and the air that continued to be received and processed through his lungs?
How long had it been, in this world's time, since he had presumably perished? He had jumped dimension to dimension and had spent much of his time in various other worlds; different realities holding different lengths of time in comparison to others. He himself had left this world-in his time-approximately twenty years ago, but the people whom he recognized hadn't changed accordingly.
Edward had retained his appearance, not his attire, due to his immortality, these people did not have that, so how long had he truly been gone? How long had it been since he had last visited?
His train of thought was detoured suddenly as he realized Ling and his two body guards were beginning to leave the restaurant, the young scholar-whom they had prompted to take them out on his dime-looking very displeased as he received the bill, the cost being rather tremendous and nearly too much for his paycheck. Perhaps his article could have waited until after he had ventured to Xing.
Edward pulled up the hood he had bought, lifting his mask and placing it over his face. A flash of light enveloped his being as he was replaced with his kitsu form, though, unlike how they normally would have shifted, his jacket remained and tailored itself to his changed body. (See doodle below)

The blank mask, unlike the usual ones his kin tended to wear, did not reshape itself to his face, thus, it was not a perfect fit

The blank mask, unlike the usual ones his kin tended to wear, did not reshape itself to his face, thus, it was not a perfect fit. Regardless, he began to follow the three near silently, using the rooftops as means of transportation.
They neared the edge of town, where few others occupied and fewer were in earshot, moving out of town and in the opposite direction of the nearest neighboring town. As the buildings began to become less and less apparent, and fewer hiding opportunities presented themselves, Edward lost the option of hiding himself from view.
Technically, he could shift inter his 'spirit' form, exist in the plane of existence where most phantoms, ghouls, and other entities remained, but he knew these people were capable of sensing auras, and despite the fact that he was currently concealing his own aura, he didn't want to risk making his presence known just yet by doing so.
Edward walked up another hill, as this landscape was very bumpy at this point and near a decent amount of mountains. The three he had been following thus far were obscured entirely by the mound of land.