Chapter: 45

Chapter: 45

-Savannah-

I can't believe what I just heard. Edward backing out to let his brother win? That's new.

I smile watching them and Edward suddenly catches my gaze as he smiles genuinely at me.

I head to my next class and stop my tracks as Alexa glares at me. I go to my seat sitting down and surely she stands in front of my desk.

"How did you get in? You're a nobody."

"You can have your crown I don't want it," I spat back as she clenches her jaw.

"She got in fair and square Alexa," Harry walks over as he sets his stuff down.

"She did not, she's only friends with you and that loser gang."

"At least everyone knows who we are that matters," I shrug and smile. "I think you got the wrong person to claim to, Kendall got in too."

"That traitor," she rolls her eyes. "I'll deal with her later. You better back out."

"Why?"

"Because I say so."

"You afraid she would actually beat you?" Harry smirks as he has taken his seat. Everyone around start too oooh as Alexa is in flames. She goes to take her seat but not before she bumps her shoulder against mine harshly.

I roll my eyes and pay attention to the lecture.

Liam then shows up as my uncle looks over.

"You can't be showing up late Mr. Payne."

"I know, I'm sorry," he takes his seat and I look at him worriedly. He hasn't been showing up lately.

After class I follow him as I grab his arm gently.

"Hey is everything okay?"

"Y-yeah umm it's been rough. I lost my mom and I couldn't handle coming to school," tears escape his eyes as I stare in shock. I wrap my arms around his torso hugging him.

"I'm so sorry."

"Thanks. Umm hey I heard you got in to run for homecoming queen congrats," he smiles pulling back as he wipes his tears away.

"Thank you, hey you know you can talk to me if you need a friend," I smile at him and he nods.

"Thanks sweetheart, uh I got to go do some things but I'll see you around."

He walks off and I sigh and catch Harry as he stares from distance. I walk over and he frowns.

"What's with him?"

"Don't be too harsh on him Harry, he lost his mom."

"Really?"

"Yeah, he's going through a rough time."

"Poor lad. Let's get lunch you could never say no to pizza. It's on me," he winks grabbing my arm and I laugh.

"Thanks for the gesture," I smile as we get in line as Edward and Niall head our way already eating their pizza.

"Guess what?" Niall smiles munching on his meal.

"Don't you know manners dude?" Harry chuckles and Niall laughs as he quickly swallows.