Chapter: 101

Chapter: 101

Wednesday; May 9, 2018

-Savannah-

I was worried last night that uncle Zac didn't come home to sleep. I was relieved to see him in class. I told Harry I'll catch up with him and the others as I waited for everyone to leave.

"Uncle," I walk over to his desk as he just looks at me with a small smile. My eyes widen seeing a few cuts on his face. "What happened?"

"Just a little accident, nothing serious," he chuckles.

"Where you in the hospital or something?" I gasp.

He nods chuckling.

"Why weren't we called then?"

"I told the doctors not to, I was fine, nothing serious sweetheart," he laughs and walks over to me holding to my shoulders as he looks at me. "Tell your mom I'm okay, not to worry alright?"

I nod then feel his arms wrap around me. I hug him back and for some reason I feel like crying.

"I love you so much. Don't ever forget that."

"Uncle what's going on?" I pull back looking up at him.

"Nothing, I can't tell my niece I love her?" He chuckles then grabs his suitcase. "I'll see you around," he kisses my forehead then walks out the door confusing me.

I sigh and make my way to the cafeteria as I sit down without anything to eat. I wasn't feeling hungry.

"What's wrong love?" Harry looks at me worriedly. Edward sits at his other side as he frowns.

"Yeah Savvy you look like you seen a ghost or something," he adds.

"My uncle is just acting strange that's all."

Rachel then makes her way over as she sits down with a sigh.

"Where were you?" I frown.

"Just checking I get art class for next year. I saw Zayn there," she says.

"Whoa, did he do something to you?" Niall gets all overprotective.

"No of course not. I overheard as he was arguing with a counselor. Guys, he's not graduating this year."

"What? Why not?" Edward looks at her worriedly.

"I guess it's cause he's been missing school a lot," she shrugs.

"Where is he?" Edward gets up grabbing his backpack.

"Probably outside."

Edward nods rushing out of the cafeteria. We all stay awkwardly silent for a while.

"So graduation, oooh guys we should have a huge party at my place, to celebrate our success," Niall grins.

"I could never say no to parties," Louis laughs.

"Oh come on why is it always at your place," Harry chuckles.

"Cause my house is big and the shit," Niall laughs.

"Whatever," Harry laughs. We continue discussing graduation and such. But my mind would go back to my uncle. What really happened? I have to tell my mom.

-Zayn-

After arguing with the stupid counselor, I make my way over to Zac's class, but he isn't there. I rush out trying to see if he's outside. I catch him by his truck.

"Zac!" I run over towards him. He sighs rolling his eyes.

"What do you want kid?"

"I need more of the stuff, Liam isn't around. It's urgent," I plead and he just glares at me.

"I don't have any of that stuff, and I will never have it again."

"What?"

"I suggest you just go back inside, and continue studying or whatever. Forget about the drugs alright?"

"No! I need them! Especially now. I just found out I'm not going to graduate. I don't want to fucking stay another year here!! I need them please. I'm desperate," I sigh running my fingers through my hair.

"Zayn, drugs can't solve your everyday problems. You're going to have to face them on your own."

"Why aren't you selling them?! You said you can't deny a chance of a sale."

"I have quit, I'm done with it and so should you."

And with that, Zac gets inside his truck and drives off leaving me puzzled in the middle of the parking lot. What am I supposed to do now? My whole life is ruined.

"Zayn!"

I jump startled as I turn around to find Edward making his way towards me. What the fuck is he doing out here looking for me?

"Hey mate," he lets out a sigh as he stops in front of me.

"Yeah whatever," I huff walking away but he catches up to me stopping me. "What do you want?"

"I just want you to know that you have my support. I know you're not able to graduate. You can take summer classes and then be able to finish by December and just complete what you have left. I heard some students do that."

"I don't need your help."

"I know we're not in best terms, but I'm still your friend."

"You're not my friend Edward so back off."

"Zayn, please."

I glare at him clenching my jaw.

"I'm fine."

"You're not fine, let me help you. I still care about you really."

Not sure if I want to trust him or not, but I have no one else to confide to.

I start explaining everything to him, ever since he chose the other crowd I been lonely. Then chose the wrong life. Met the girl that could have healed me completely but that didn't last since she found out of my addiction. I ruined her friendship with my ex who happens to be her best friend, and now I feel like a complete failure since I'm not graduating with my class.

Edward listens closely, paying attention to every detail of my story.

As I finish, he doesn't say anything. He just brings me into his arms and hugs me. I can't help but sob.

"You're not a failure pal, you'll get through this. And I'll be there for you I promise."

I knew Edward was the kind to come out of his errors, I knew he was a good guy after all.

Best of all, I knew he would always be my best friend.     

--

Sorry if it came out shorter I just wanted it to end that way (: 

Only four chapters left!!