ten

August 24th, 1991

Today, my parents are coming up here for the weekend. I'm happy to see them again and to show off how I've been. Also, Devante's parents were coming up here. That was nerve wracking, both of our parents here. The thing is, Devante's mom is gonna cook us a big dinner and everyone is gonna be there. Including Dalvin, K-Ci, and Jojo. I hope it just all goes well.

"You ready for today?" I asked De while we were on the phone.

"I mean, I'm happy to see my folks but I hope this dinner go good" he said.

"Same. Where your parents staying?" I wondered.

"At Dalvin's, I didn't want them staying with me if you gonna come over tonight, especially if we'll be fu- "

"Yeah ok De" I laughed.

"Nah but on the real, tonight should be good" he said.

"Yeah... I'll come over later" I told him.

"Ard, bye baby" he said.

"Bye" I said back.

I hung up the phone and started to think about what I was gonna wear. I had to look nice but conservative for the parents instead of looking like I was about to go to the strip club.

hours later

I showed up at Devante's house ready. I wore a black dress and some shoes. My hair was curly and I looked cute.

I rung the doorbell and Devante opened the door

"Damn..." he said as he looked me up and down.

"Hey baby" I smiled as I gave him a kiss.

"You stay looking so fine, you sure you wanna have this dinner tonight? My dinner finna be you" he smirked as he was feeling up on me.

"Maybe later" I told him. "But your mom is already here cooking and everyone is coming".

"Ugh fine" he said as he sucked his teeth. "But I'm getting you later".

I walked in the house and I saw his mom for the first time. She was in the kitchen preparing the food.

"Momma, this is Diana" Devante said to her.

"Hi love" she said to me.

"Hi Mrs. DeGrate" I said back.

"Please, call me Mary" she said as she gave me a hug.

"Imma leave you too" Devante said as he walked out of the kitchen.