twenty-five

A/N: just to let y'all know, this story is ending at 30 chapters... so we almost done 🤧

September 8th, 1992

Corey and I were at the doctors office. Once again, I was feeling these familiar pains again. It was all too familiar to how I was feeling around this time last year...

The doctor had walked into the door and I was nervous. Corey looked pretty flushed. He was scared that I had a medical issue, I was scared of something else.

"Hello Ms. James" she said.

"Hi" I said back.

"Ok so what's the problem here?" she asked.

"So I've been cramping a lot, and I've been feeling nauseous, also I missed my period this month" I told her.

"Hmmm ok, how about we run a test on you real quick" she told me.

I nodded and went over to her as we did the test.

moments later

We were back from the test and I was nervous as hell. I was shaking and shit.

"Baby you good?" Corey asked me.

"Yeah- yeah, I'm fine" I said nervously.

He gave me a look and brushed it off. The doctor had came back with the results.

"Ok so we took your results of the test" she said.

"And what is it?" he asked.

"Diana.... you're pregnant" she says.

My heart was pounding at this point. I knew it. Corey was shocked. Oh shit.

"Pregnant? How? We never even had sex?!" he exclaimed.

The doctor gave me a look like "bitch you done fucked up". Corey gave me a "girl what the hell" look. I was nervous as hell now.

"Also, apparently, Diana has had records of a miscarriage so you must be very careful this round to avoid another one" she said.

"A miscarriage?! What the hell?!" Corey exclaimed, getting angry.

I was still quiet. I was so nervous now. My stomach was turning and my heart was pounding more.

"Excuse me Doc? Can you leave Diana and I alone please?" he asked her.

She nodded and walked out of the room. Corey stared at me for the longest. He gave me a huge death glare. I couldn't even look at him.

"Diana... what the hell is going on?!" he asked.

I didn't say anything. I couldn't.

"Answer me girl, what is going on? Why is she saying that you're pregnant, knowing that we never had sex" he said.

I kept quiet. My eyes started swelling up with potential tears.

"You had sex with Devante, didn't you? And don't even try to lie, I know you did. Cause you couldn't even look at me the whole time we were here" he said.

I finally looked at him. I was at a loss of words. I didn't know what to say.

"Answer me! Did you have sex with Devante?!" he exclaimed.

".... yes" I admitted as I started to cry.

"Ugh!" he grunted. "Goddamn it Diana! Why?! Why would you do this to me?! Not only did you cheat, but you fucking got pregnant by a whole other guy!".

"I-I I'm so sorry" I cried.

"Don't do that sorry shit, you ain't sorry for shit! You knew what you were doing!" he shouted.

"Corey... I still love you- I was just-" I was trying to say.

"Nah save it, I'm not about to do this with you Diana. I'm honestly sick of it. You know what- I kinda figured y'all had something going on from the minute we had that fight at the hospital" he said.

"How?" I asked.

"Cause you wouldn't even stick up for me! That's when I knew, you still loved him" he said.

"Yes I did! I told him to stop! I told both of y'all to stop!" I exclaimed, now I was getting mad.

"Man whatever, we done. You and Devante can go play family or whatever cause we sure aren't. Have a great life" he said as he walked out of the room.

I watched him go and tears went down my eyes. The doctor had walked back in and looked at me.

"Is everything ok?" she asked.

"Yeah- it's fine" I said, whipping my tears.

Now I just have to tell Devante....

later that day

I drove to his place and knocked on the door. He came and opened it and smiled.

"Diana, surprised you're here" he said.

"I need to talk to you" I said.

"Come in" he said as I walked into the condo.

We sat down on the couch and he wrapped his arm around me. Typical Devante.

"What's up?"

"Um- I went to the doctor today cause I wasn't feeling good and...." I started.

"De I'm pregnant, again. And it's yours".

He looked at me, looking shocked but not surprised.

"Really?!" he exclaimed.

"Yeah... crazy huh" I said.

"Nah, I'm happy. Very happy" he said.

"Why, cause I'm not with Corey anymore?" I wondered.

"Wait you aren't?!" he asked, getting happy.

"Yeah, he found out and he left me" I told him.

"Hmm...." he smirked.

"I know you probably happy" I giggled.

"Well I mean..." he chuckled.

"I'm kinda nervous about this, this can't be like the last time. I'm not gonna stress myself out over this again" I told myself.

"You won't, cause once again, imma be by your side" he said as he held my hand. "We gonna do this together".

"Together" I said as I laid in his chest.

De wrapped his arms around me and rubbed my stomach.

"I really missed you Diana" he said.

"I did too" I smiled.

"We've had a crazy ass year together, I mean, you were pregnant, then you weren't, then we broke up, then we got back together, now you're pregnant" he chuckled. "It all came in full circle it seems".

"Yeah... now that you said it and I think about it, we've been through hella shit for only knowing eachother a year" I realized.

"Oh word" he chuckled. "Things happen for a reason though, I guess that was our reason".

"But you know, this time... it should be right" I said.

"It is, cause we gonna do it together" he said.

"Yeah.... together" I said as I rested on him.

A/N: bloop! Diana is pregnant (again), Corey left her, and Diana and Devante are together again! A lot, so hope y'all enjoyed! ❤️