twenty-three

August 3rd, 1992

Devante was checked out of the hospital yesterday. They had a Welcome Home dinner for him last night but I didn't go cause I didn't like how he treated Corey when I went to visit him. So I went out with Corey instead.

When I came home from Corey's house, my house phone had a bunch of messages on it. They were all from Devante. I was debating on whether I should call him back or ignore him. But, me being the conflicting person I am, I called his ass back.

"Hello?" he said on the phone.

"You were blowing up my phone" I said.

"Yeah, where were you?" he wondered.

"Stayed at Corey's house" I said.

"Oh yeah I forgot you still with Coordinates" he said.

"De..." I started.

"Sorry... I meant Cordless" he said back.

"Anyways... what did you want?" I asked.

"Come over today, I wanna show you what I wanted to show you" De said.

"Um...."

"I know you ain't about to diss me for Corner" De said.

"I'm not but- I don't know..." I said.

"Girl stop making excuses, I know you wanna come. You just scared your "man" is gonna be mad at you" he said. "Just tell him you going to Uptown tonight".

"..... Fine. I'll come over tonight" I finally agreed.

"I knew you would, see ya baby" he said.

"I'm not yo baby" I said back.

"Yeah you are, and you know I'm yours" he said as he hung up the phone.

I hung up the phone and sat on my bed. I have a feeling tonight was gonna be, something.

later that day

I got dressed and drove over to De's new house. Uptown and his family rented out a place for Devante to stay at until the robbery dies down. In case De has any PTSD from what happened. I knocked on the door and De came to the door, looking good. But, I have Corey so I wasn't too worried.

"Hey Diana" he said to me

"Hi Devante" I said back.

"Come in"

I walked in his house and his new place looked nice. He already had his piano and everything set up. I liked it.