nineteen

May 30th, 1992

Corey and I have been talking for over a month now. We just kickin it right now but I like it that way. Part of the reason why me and De didn't work out is cause we rushed everything. If I'm actually gonna have something with Corey, I wanna take our time.

Right now, I was at my crib listening to Express Yourself by NWA and reading the latest Vibe Magazine. While I was reading, I got a phone call. I recognized the number and it was Corey. I turned down my music and answered the phone.

"Hello?" I said.

"Hey Diana, what's going on?" he asked.

"Hey Corey, I'm cool, I'm just chillin, what about you?" I asked him.

"Same here, just watching a flick right now. Anyways, what you doing today?" he asked me.

"Nuthin really" I said.

"Well tonight, I was gonna go down to my old hood of Brooklyn and go down to the roller rink. My little sister is having a birthday party tonight and I wanted to know if you wanted to come" he told me.

"Really?" I wondered. Damn this guy was trying to have me meet his family already.

"Don't worry D, I'm not trying to have you meet my parents. I just want you to come with me, i enjoy hanging with you and all so..." he continued.

"Oh it's fine, but yeah, I'm down" I said.

"Oh Ight" he chuckled. "I'll come get you at 4, the party start at 5 but it takes an hour to get to Brooklyn and all that".

"Shouldn't you be leaving earlier than that?" I said.

"You know black people ain't ever on time, my mom will be late herself" he laughed.

"Ok then" I laughed. "I'll see you later".

"Bye Diana" he said.

"Bye" I said back.

We hung up the phone and I sighed. This was gonna be interesting.

later on

It was almost time for Corey to come get me to go. Since it was a nice day in New York, I wore a yellow and white striped shirt with shorts and my white Reebok classics.

I heard a knock at the door and I went to go get it

I heard a knock at the door and I went to go get it. I looked through the peephole and saw that it was Corey.

"Hey Corey" I said to him.