eighteen

April 15th, 1992

I was at the Galleria with Mary and Madison and we were shopping. I left Devante's house and now, since that was my parents' birthday gift to me, I have my own crib. So I've been living there ever since my birthday party. I don't know what he's been doing since usually when I'm at the studio, he's not there or he comes before or after I leave. I like it that way. I didn't want to see him cause I was over him.

Right now, we were sitting in the food court eating.

"Girl I'm so glad you left Devante's crazy ass, from what you told us, it seemed like he was gonna kill you" Mary said. "I'm especially happy since his ass disrespected me".

"I'm glad too, I've been through a lot these past two months, I don't need more shit to burden me. I need to be to myself" I told them.

"I never would've thought he was gonna do all that shit, like that was crazy man. But your fine ass best friend whooped his ass" Madison said.

"Fine? Girl ain't you "messin" with Dalvin?" I laughed.

"I mean... we kickin it but, you know, he's a whole little man hoe and ion got time for that. But if he come my way, you know what's happening" she told us.

"Girl... y'all a mess" Mary said.

"Ok then, how are you and K-Ci? Y'all always all up under and around eachother?" Madison asked her.

"We just vibin right now, nuthin special yet" she said.

"Sure Jan" I said as we all started laughing.

After we were done eating, we got up and were on our way out of the Galleria. While I was walking, some guy bumped into me.

"Ayo watch it-" I paused as I looked at him.

This guy was fine as hell. He had a small stache, he was kinda short but I was too so, he had a clean ass black bomber on and Jordans. He was so fresh.

(Ok but Larenz Tate is one of my 90s husbands and he's fine as hell 😍🤤)

"My bad shawty, I didn't see you there" he said as he looked at me.

"It's cool, that bomber fly" I told him.

"Thanks, you fly too" he said.

"Thank you" I smiled.

"What's your name?" he asked me.

"Diana" I told him.

"Well Diana, I'm Corey, nice to meet you love" he said to me.

"Oof" I heard Madison say in the back.

I gave her a look and Corey started to chuckle.