thirteen

October 22nd, 1991

I was feeling pretty nauseous during school today and I threw up so I decided to go home. I don't know what's wrong with me, these past few days I haven't been feeling good.

I'm at Andre's place with Madison since I didn't wanna be by myself. Mary and Madison are keeping me company by us watching Good Times reruns.

"How you feeling?" Madison asked me.

"Like shit" I said.

"Do you have food poisoning?" she asked.

"Nah, me and De haven't ate out in a while" I said.

"That makes no sense then..." Madison said.

"Wait Diana, when do you get your period?" Mary wondered.

"I usually get it the second week of the month" I told her.

"Did you get it this month?" she asked.

".... nah" I said.

"Girl, you need to check to see if you're pregnant" Mary told me.

"Pregnant?! Nah I'm not, me and De use protection each time, I'm sure of it. I don't want any kids now" I said.

"Ok then, when was the last time y'all had sex?" Mary asked.

"Probably yesterday" Madison joked.

"No actually, the last time was after the surprise party for Devante. It was good sex too, I was in control and everything" I bragged.

"Yeah we don't care for your sex life" Madison said. "But you should check to see if you're pregnant".

"Fine, we need to get a test though" I said.

"Ok, we'll go out to get one, you stay here" Mary said.

Mary and Madison went to get a test. I was pretty nervous though, I mean, me being pregnant will be a big deal.

moments later

Mary and Madison came back with a test and we all went into the bathroom to do it. They gave it to me and I did the test.

"Mary can you tell me? I'm so scared to read it" I asked.

She nodded and I handed her the test. When she got it, she looked shocked.

"What is it?" I wondered.

"Well... looks like you gonna be a momma" she said.

My jaw literally dropped to the floor, I was so shook.

"Nah you trippin B" I said trying to hope she was joking.

"Nah I'm serious Diana, you're pregnant" she said.

Mary showed me the test and it said positive. Oh my God.

"I- I- can't believe-" I said.

"Wow Di" Madison said.

"This is crazy, what am I supposed to tell my parents, what am I supposed to tell Devante?" I said stressing out over it.

"Don't stress over it Diana, besides, stress harms the baby" Mary told me.

"I can't take care of a baby! I have school, work, Mary's album, so much shit I have to worry about! And then a baby!" I exclaimed.

"You'll be fine Diana, we will help you throughout the way" Madison offered.

"Yeah, you got us" she said.

"What am I gonna say to De? What if he leaves me" I cried as tears started to well up in my eyes.

"Girl, Devante loves you way too much to leave you, besides... he'll probably be happy to have a child" Mary told me.

"I just don't know how I'm supposed to tell him" I said.

"Well Diana, you can't keep the secret in. Especially since you're one month along already, you'll be showing soon" Madison said.

"Duh, can y'all just help me?!" I asked.

"Casually tell him" Mary told me.

"Oh, right" I giggled. "Imma go back over there later".

"Tell him right too" Madison said.

"No shit" I said.

"Don't start those pregnancy hormones on me sis" Madison shot back.

I rolled my eyes and we went back to the couch. I can't believe- I'm actually pregnant.

later that day

I went back to Devante's house to tell him the news. Luckily when I got there, he was home writing a song.

"Hey baby" he said as he got up to kiss me.

"Hi De" I said.

"What's wrong? You look upset" he wondered.

"I have to tell you something, you might wanna sit down for this" I told him.

He sat down, he looked confused.

"What's up?" he asked.

"Umm... I really don't know how to put this, I've been stressing over it all day" I said.

"Just tell me, I'll be fine" he said.

"Well... Devante I'm pregnant" I told him.

He didn't say anything. I was so scared that he was gonna be mad.

"Wow... you tested and everything?" he asked.

"Yeah they came out positive" I said.

"I can't believe it... I'm gonna be a dad" he said.

"I'm so nervous De- I don't think I can handle it" I said.

"Yes you could, cause I'm here" he said.

"I'm not going anywhere, I'm not gonna leave you babe. If we gonna have a baby, we gonna do it together. You and me"

He held my hand and squeezed it.

"I got you Diana" he said.

Tears were already coming down my face. I was so overwhelmed with love.

"Thank you Devante, I love you so much" I said.

We leaned over and kissed eachother.

"Can't believe it, in nine months, imma have a little boy or girl in this world" he said as he smiled and rubbed my small belly.

"I can't either" I smiled.

"So you're having my baby, and it means so much too me. There's nothing more precious, then to raise a family" he sung.

"Wow ok De" I laughed.

"If there's any doubt in your mind. You can count on me. I'll never let you down, lady believe in me" he sung again.

He was waiting for me to sing while I was laughing right at him.

"You and I" I finally sung, laughing.

"There you go" he laughed. "But for real, I'm happy".

"Yeah" I smiled.

I can't believe this is all happening so fast. I'm really gonna be a mom.

A/N: ahhhh looks like we gonna have some new parents! are y'all excited for them? hope y'all enjoyed this chapter! ❤️

* idk if y'all peeped but in the last chapter when Devante and Diana were having sex, she said "lord it was like we was trying to get pregnant" I foreshadowed this ;) lol