sixteen

March 28th, 1992

Time has passed since the miscarriage. I was doing much better. I still had my times when I was emotional but I was in a better state of mind. I was much happier than I've been. During the time, I've being meditating, going to church, and just been cleansing myself with music, basically Anita Baker, The Isley Brothers, and Stevie Wonder. I was happy I was in a good state of mind cause I was down for so long, finally I was at peace.

Devante however, has been acting weird. He's been drinking and smoking weed a lot more often, not just casually. He's also been out late a lot and usually comes home at like 3 AM drunk or high. I think that the miscarriage affected him and I feel bad about it. I don't like his new habits, at all.

Today is Game Night with the whole crew. Dalvin, Madison, K-Ci, Mary, and Jojo. I was happy since now I wanted to go since I was feeling better about myself. I honestly didn't even know if De was gonna go. Right now, he was sleep in bed and I didn't wanna sleep with his ass so I was on the couch eating some chips. I got a phone call from Madison.

"Hey girl" I said.

"Hey Diana, how you feeling?" she asked me.

"Better than I've been, I'm excited for tonight" I told her.

"I'm glad you feeling better cuz, glad you're out of your state and in a better one" she told me.

"I am too" I said, relieved.

"So, is Devante coming?" she wondered.

"I don't even know, Devante's been acting like a nut lately, drinking and smoking all the damn time. I feel like the miscarriage messed him up. He hasn't acted the same since" I told her. "Right now he's sleep, Probably was drunk out of his mind".

"Oh no Diana, you need to say something. If he's those aggressive drunks, I don't want him putting his hands on you" she told me.

"I've tried, nigga don't listen. And Devante hasn't done shit yet, but you saw how I pimp slapped his ass before, I'll do it again if I have too" I laughed.

"As you should, as you should" she said.

"I hope he gets it together though" I said as I looked at him in bed.

"Well, if not. Whatever" she said.

"I'll see you later, later" I said.

"Peace" she said back as we hung up.

I hope Devante gets his shit together.

later that day

It was time for me to go out to the game night. I wore a black crop top with black and grey acid jeans and my timbs. I wrapped my black and grey flannel around my waist and wore my hair half ponytail, half down.

 I wrapped my black and grey flannel around my waist and wore my hair half ponytail, half down