Chapter Eight: Prove It

Unedited sorry

Enjoy, lena

-----------------------

            Niall was pulling us in the direction of the golf course before I could tell him we were going the wrong way.

            “Niall you’re going the wrong way,” I laughed when he stopped abruptly.

            “But the golf course is right there, isn’t it?” he asked innocently.

             “Yeah, but we gotta get clubs, balls, and a score sheet from over here,” I said guiding him to the counter/window.

            We received our things and walked to the courses. We chose number 1 and walked over to it. I must admit I absolutely suck at golf even if this is mini golf I still suck. I was really nervous that Niall was going to laugh at me, but I took a deep breath and decided to deal with it because for the next 15 to 20 minutes it would just be me and him getting to know each other better.

            “Ladies first,” Niall smirked.

            “I suck really bad at this, but I shall try,” I smiled and placed the ball down in the middle. I brought the club back just a bit before bringing it forward. The ball went forward and hit the wall before rolling to a stop near the hole.

            “Not bad. If you would have hit it a bit harder you would’ve got a hole in one,” he smiled at me placing his ball down. Unlike me he actually made it in the hole on the first try.

            “You’re good. Great I’m going to lose,” I laughed showing I wasn’t really competitive at all.

            “If you want I could let you win,” he winked at me as I took my next shot and made it.

            “There’s no fun in that. Plus it’s not fair,” I said as we made our way to the next hole.

            “It’s still fun because I’d still get to spend time with you,” he smiled.

            “That’s so cheesy,” I blushed and took my turn and the ball stopped near the hole yet again.

            “It made you blush though, so that’s all that counts,” he said making it in yet again.

            “You have got to be cheating somehow,” I said hitting the ball into the hole.

            “Nope I’m just awesome,” he smiled as we made it to hole three.

            “Soo, how do you do it then,” I asked holding my club awkwardly.

            “Well,” he said walking up to stand behind me. He brought his arms around mine to rest his hands on top of mine. I couldn’t help but think how cliché this moment was. “You pull back slightly, but keep your wrist straight,” he said his arms flexing against mine. “Then you gotta bend a bit,” he said and I did, and my body was suddenly right up against his. I heard him gulp and take a breath before continuing; “Now you swing forward.” His body guided mine and the ball hit two walls then rolled into the hole. Niall let go and backed away slightly. “See with practice you’ll almost be as good as me.

            “That was awesome!” I shouted and threw my arms around his neck in a hug.

            He wrapped his arms around my waist and spun me around. He placed me back down with a laugh, but didn’t loosen his hold around my waist. He looked me in the eyes and smiled then his eyes traveled to my lips. I pulled away before anything could happen.