Chapter 9

"Because of the family curse." Sally sighed.

"What curse?" I asked. "How does it affect me?" I looked over at Percy and he looked just as confused as me.

"I'm sure Chiron has told you about werewolves, right Percy?" Mom asked. Wait am I a werewolf? I looked over at Percy and he nodded.

"The curse." Mom said. "My older brother got the werewolf gene, not me, so we knew that if I had kids that one of them would get the gene." Mom looked down at the floor like she was mad at herself. I saw her start to cry. I got up and hugged her. "I'm so sorry." She said as she cried into my shoulder.

When we pulled away I asked her a question. "When does the curse start?"

"On the night of your 15th birthday." Mom said wiping the last of her tears. I thought for a moment. Today is December the 16th. My birthday is December 21st, the winter solstice.

"My 15th birthday is in five days." I told everyone looking at the floor. Percy grabbed my shoulders and forced me to look at him.

"Hey, Kat, look at me." He said. "We'll figure it out. Okay?" I nodded as he gave me a hug soon the whole family was hugging including Annabeth. Dad was the first person to pull away from the hug.

"Since we're on the topic of new powers, you guys have a power you can use together, but not here. Come on." Dad said walking out the door. We said goodbye to mom and we climbed up the fire escape. Again. Let me just say, I hate walking and climbing. It's so tiring.

We climbed to the roof and climbed on the Pegasus' again and in no time, we were back at camp half-blood. We landed the Pegasus at the beach and Annabeth said she would walk them back to the stable. Me and Percy walked to the shoreline and we saw dad appear out of the water.

"Okay," I started. "How does this power work?"

"Percy, Katherine, face each other." Dad said. We did what he said and we faced each other. "Now grab hands and concentrate." I closed my eyes and grabbed Percy's hands and started to concentrate.

I heard Percy gasp so I opened my eyes and saw that we were inside a water cyclone! I let go of Percy's' hands and the water fell to the ground. Okay first I find out that Poseidon is my father, that I have an actual family, next that I can control water, then I find out that me and Percy can make a cyclone with our minds!? Best week ever!

"Okay. That was AWSOME!" I yelled. While dad and Percy just stood there laughing.

"I have to go my children." Dad started. "I will see you soon." He finished pulling us in for a hug. We walked into the water and turned around to wave at me and Percy. We waved back and he went fully under the water.

_________________________________________________________

Well talk about a plot twist. To all the teen wolf and supernatural fans reading this book I will be publishing a new book called "the hunters pack" soon. it would mean a lot if you guys read it! don't forget to vote and comment!

~Kimberly