Chapter 10

The next five days went by like nothing. Before I knew it, I was being woken up by Percy yelling. "HAPPY BIRTHDAY KAT!" He yelled in my ear. I was having a really nice dream, and Percy ruined it. Why couldn't he have just let me sleep? I put my pillow over my head and pressed down on my ear, until Percy pulled me out of bed.

"Why won't you let me sleep?" I asked him very annoyed.

"Because it's your birthday."

"Okay, for my birthday I want you to let me sleep." I replied walking over to my bed. Until Percy threw me over his shoulder and took me outside. "Percy put me down!" I screamed. When he put me down I sprinted back into the cabin as Percy laughed then followed me. "Okay you win what do you want." I asked.

"Get dressed. I'm taking you to go see mom." He replied. I walked over to my dresser and picked out a nice blue plaid shirt with a pair of jeans, and went to the bathroom to change. When I came out Percy was leaning against the door with a bag over his shoulder.

"Let's roll." I said as I started to walk out of the cabin. We flew over New Yok again. This time I was a little less freaked out, but I still held onto Percy. We landed on the roof of the apartment in less than ten minutes. When we finally got to the door Percy went in first. When I walked in, all the lights were out.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY KATHERINE!" Yelled everyone as the lights went on and everyone jumped out at me. I'll I could do is smile and say 'thank you.' Mom walked over to me and gave me a big hug.

"Happy birthday honey." Mom said handing me a little brown box with a little white bow on top of it. "Go on, open it."

"Come on Kat, open it, I wanna see what it is!" Whined Percy while Annabeth and mom glared at him. I just laughed and then opened it. It was a silver locket with a trident on the front.

"Open the locket, Katherine." Mom said, so I opened it. Inside was the picture we told on the day of the adoption. The picture of me, Sally, Percy and Paul. I smiled at the picture. On the other side of the locket there was a picture of me, Percy and dad. Best birthday present ever!

"Happy birthday Katherine." I looked up and saw dad.

"Thank you, guys." I said giving mom, Percy, dad and Paul a hug. The sound of the front door slamming open got all of us to pull away from the hug.

"Sorry were late." Started Piper. "Now where is the birthday girl?" She asked looking around.

"She's right here." Percy said pointing to me. Piper came running over to me with, Leo, Nico, Hazel, Annabeth, and Jason following her. They all engulphed me in a hug.

"Guys, can't breathe." I wheezed out and they all let go of me.

"Sorry." They all said and I laughed.

We spent the rest of the day talking, eating, playing games, and just hanging out. After everybody had left the party I took Percy to an old cellar I found. "What is this place?" He asked looking around.

"Percy, I don't know if I'll be able to control this or not. So, I need you to help chain me up, lock the door behind you and run." I said holding out the chains for Percy to take. He looked at me with a confused look.

"No. I'm not going to do this to you." He half yelled.

"Percy you have to. Please." I begged him. "Just to be safe." He looked torn, and he looked like he was about to cry. After a moment he spoke up.

"Okay, but I'm staying." He said. I nodded and started to hook the chains to the wall. He grabbed some chains and put them around my ankles and wrists. Once I was sure the chains would hold I tried to walk over but got stopped half way due to the chains.

"Percy, go behind the doors and lock them." I told him looking at the floor.

"What's wrong Kat?" He asked. I looked up and saw him put a hand on my shoulder. I started to cry. There was no hiding that I was scared. Hell, I'm terrified.

"I'm scared Percy." I said in between sobs. He hugged me and rubbed my back in attempt to calm me down. When we pulled away from the hug Percy was smiling but after a moment or so he looked terrified. "What?"

"Kat, your eyes, they're yellow." He said.

"Percy run!" I yelled and this time he listened and ran behind the door and locked it, but he never left.

"Kat it will be okay, I'll be right here the whole time." He said. The thing is I'm not scared of turning into a wolf, I'm scared that I will hurt or worse, kill someone. That was the last thing I remember before I blacked out.

~PERCY POV~

"Kat it will be okay, I'll be right here the whole time." I told her. I looked away for two seconds and she fell to the floor. "Kat!" I yelled. I was about to walk over to her when she was surrounded by black and purple smoke. I backed away as the smoked cleared because what I was left looking at was a pitch-black wolf with glowing yellow eyes. It would be so cool if my sister wasn't trying to break through the chains and tear me to shreds.

The wolf started to growl at me and run. I didn't know if the chains will hold. The next couple of hours went by quickly. The sun was already starting to come out. I saw the wolf. As soon as the sunlight touched her fur, she was once again surrounded by smoke. After the smoke cleared I saw Kat lying on the floor.

"Kat!" I yelled. I unlocked the door and ran over to her. I picked her up bridal style and ran to Black Jack. We flew as fast as we could to camp half-blood. Once we landed inside the boarders I got of Black Jack a ran to the infirmary. "Help! Somebody help her!" I yelled. Will came running out of the infirmary.

"Percy put her on the bed." Will commanded. "What happened to her?"

"She turned into a wolf." I said focusing on Kat more than what Will was saying. "Is she going to be alright?" I asked looking at Will.

"Percy, I don't know." He replied. "Wait. She turned into a wolf?!" As he said that Kat bolted awake.

"What happened?" She asked looking around the room with her eyes still yellow.

~KATHERINES POV~

I woke up in the infirmary and saw Percy and Will, looking at me, Will looked scared and Percy looked confused.

"What?" I asked.

"Your eyes." Percy replied. I picked up the mirror beside me and looked. I didn't see my eyes looking back at me. Instead what I saw was a pair of glowing yellow eyes. I blinked and my eyes went back to their sea green colour.

"That would be cool if I wasn't so freaked out." Will chimed in. I nodded along in agreement.

"Do you remember anything from last night?" Percy asked.

"I remember feeling hungry, I remember the bloodlust, the urge to kill something. Then nothing." I told them looking at the ground. "I would have killed someone if I wasn't chained up." At this point I couldn't hold the tears in anymore. Percy came over to the bed and gave me a hug.

"It's okay. We'll figure this out." He said trying to comfort me. I really hope we figure this out soon. I don't know how long I can live with this.

__________________________________________________

Hello people reading this book! just wanted to say that this book is up to 328 reads!!!! Wow I didn't think that it would get 10 let alone 328. thank you to everyone that has read this book and voted, it really means a lot! if you have any questions feel free to ask, I will do my best to try and get back to you!

as always don't forget to vote and comment!

~kimberly