chapter 19

PLEASE READ THE A/N AT THE END

this is what Kat looks like as a wolf

*ONE MONTH LATER ON THE NIGHT OF THE FULL MOON*

Sleep paralysis.

One of the most scariest things ever.

It is the feeling of being conscious but unable to move. It occurs when a person passes between stages of wakefulness and sleep. During this, you may be unable to move or speak for a few seconds up to a few minutes.

What makes it worse? When you have another nightmare about you killing your family and can't wake up because you are paralyzed. I woke up, but I couldn't move at all. After a while I finally could move. I looked over at Percy's bed and saw he wasn't there. He must have went out. I walked over to my dresser and pulled out a pair of dark blue jeans and a red flannel shirt. I walked out of the cabin to try and find Percy.

I don't know how long I've been walking for, but next thing I knew, I found myself by the water. I walked down at the edge of the water and sat down. I started thinking. Thinking about being a wolf. About my dream. About, everything. I don't know how long I've been here thinking, but next thing I knew I felt my eyelids et heavy and I let the darkness take over.

***

"Kat! Kat wake up!"

Someone was shaking me, and I shot right up. I looked around to find Percy. He had a concerned expression on his face.

"What. What happened?" I asked standing up.

"I went to go get breakfast and when I came back you weren't in the cabin. I thought you just went for a walk, so I brushed it off. After about two hours I started to worry so we were all looking for you." He explained. "Wait. Why were you asleep in the sand?"

"I didn't get much sleep last night and I guess I just dosed off. Sorry I got you guys so worried."

"It's okay let's go get you to the cabin. You already missed lunch and dinner."

We walked to the cabin in complete silence. I don't know why but I felt, different I guess is the word I would use. And I can't help but feel like I'm forgetting something. Something important. Oh well, I'll figure it out later.

*at the cabin*

"There you are!" Annabeth said running up to me along with everyone else.

"Here I am." I said walking away.

"Are you okay?" Jason asked.

"I'm fine! Why does everyone keep asking me that?!" I snapped. Everyone took a step back. I put my hand over my mouth realizing what I just did. "I'm sorry."

"Son of a biscuit! Tonight's the full moon!" Percy yelled.

"Percy you have to lock me up. I can't control it." I told him. He looked like he was about to protest but I cut him off. "Percy please. I don't want to hurt you guys."

He slowly nodded.

"Thank you."

"If your gonna do it, you have to do it now!" Nico yelled. "Look." He said pointing to my eyes.

"Come on." Percy yelled grabbing my hand and running. We ran for a while until we reached a shack that was made completely out of steel. We ran inside and they started to grab the chains and wrap them around my hands and feet while I looked at the ground. Once they were done I started to yell.

"Run!" I yelled looking up reveling my golden eyes. They did as they were told and ran out of the shack locking the door behind them. I started to thrash around in the chains until I let the darkness take over.

~PERCY'S POV~

We finished chaining her up and she yelled at us to leave showing us her golden eyes. We ran out and all we could hear from the outside was her thrashing in the chains. It breaks my heart that she has to go through this. She's only a kid, she shouldn't have to go through this. After a few minutes, we couldn't hear anything coming from the inside. I looked over to everyone and they all had confused looks on their faces. I slowly unlocked the door and opened it. What I saw was a pitch-black wolf in the chains. The wolf started to growl, and I quickly closed the door and once again locked it.

I looked over at everyone and they all looked shocked. We all sat down in front of the door waiting for Kat to shift back.

After a few hours I woke up to silence. I quickly woke everyone up and unlocked the door. I opened it and saw Kat lying on the floor unconscious. I ran over to her and started to undo the chains. Jason and Nico started to help to. I picked her up, carried her to the cabin and set her down on the bed.

"Well that was cool!" Leo yelled.

__________________________________________________

A/N; First off, sorry for not updating sooner.

2; Sorry for the short and crappy chapter.

3; THANK YOU SOOOOOOOO MUCH FOR 1.2K READS!!! I'M SITTING HERE CRYING! I NEVER THOUGHT I WOULD GET 10 READS LET ALONE 1.2K! SO THANK YOU TAYLOR FOR YOUR CONSTANT NAGGING SAYING THAT I SHOULD POST THIS!

don't forget to vote and comment!

love yah guys!

~Kimberly

also who here likes 5sos?