chapter 17

Everybody went to their own cabins to get their swimsuits on. While I went to go change, Percy spent the whole time trying to figure out why I growled.

"Come on Percy! Everybody is probably there already!" I yelled from outside the cabin. I was starting to get really inpatient with him. I have been standing out here for like ten minutes. "Fine. I'm leaving without you."

"Holy Hades Kat! I'm coming!" My brother said walking out of the cabin.

"Finally! Let's go!" I said grabbing his arm and dragging him. It helps having super strength at times like this. After a while I let go of Percy's arm. When I did a saw a bunch of little purple flowers. I went down to go touch them, but when I touched them, they burned me. "OW!"

"Kat! What's wrong? Are you okay?" Percy yelled running over to me. He grabbed my hand looking at the burn. Moments later the burn was completely healed.

"What. Was. That?" I asked/ yelled.

"That would be wolfsbane." He said looking at the flower. I gave him a confused look, but then remembered Mary say that wolfsbane is toxic to werewolves. "Okay. New rule, no touching any little purple flowers. Okay?" I nodded at stood back up and headed towards the beach. When we finally got to the beach, everyone was in the water, just like I thought.

"Finally!" I heard Leo say and everybody came running at me and Percy.

"What took you guys so long?" Piper asked.

"Well, I discovered wolfsbane. Did you know that it's toxic to werewolves and will burn your skin off? But, it's all good. I can speed heal!" I quickly said. Everyone either looked at me confused, with worry or was just staring the water, *cough, cough* Percy. Oh, sorry. There was just something stuck in my throat. "Well, LETS GO SWIMMING!" I yelled and ran into the water.  

****

After a couple hours of swimming, Percy decided that it was time to leave.

"Come on Kat! Let's go!" Percy yelled walking back towards the beach.

"You guys go ahead! I'll catch up with you guys later!" Percy gave me a look telling me that he didn't want to leave me alone, but he sighed and left with everyone. I sighed and turned back to the water. I drove into the water. I have always felt... safer I guess is the word that I would use, well that and calmer.  I went as far down as I could and opened my eyes to look at the wonders around me. I don't know how long I've been down here, it feels like its been hours but I know if I don't go back to the camp soon, Percy will start to freak out, and I don't want that, I've already created enough trouble this week. I swam up to the surface and saw Annabeth sitting down in the sand. I walked over to her and she handed me my towel.

"Thanks." I told her grabbing the towel from her hands before sitting down. 

"No problem. Are you okay?" She asked. I gave her a confused look. "I mean, you've been a little off since last night."

"Yeah, I'm okay. It's just, seeing her brings back bad memories." I told her drying my hair.

"Do you want to talk about it?" she asked

"Not really. I will tell you guys when I'm ready, just not right now." 

"Okay, just know that I am here for you no matter what." she said hugging me.

"Thanks Annabeth." 

"No problem. You're like my little sister, I would do anything for you."

With that said me and Annabeth walked back to camp and sat down with everyone. We spent the rest of the night talking about random things. I don't know what I did to deserve a family like this.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Heyo guys! I am sooooooooo  sorry that I haven't updated  in a while... things have just been crazy! 

I just want to say THANK YOU GUYS SOOOOO MUCH FOR 937 READS! I am soooooo happy right now, so thank you!

Don't forget to vote and comment. and don't forget to check out my other book: the hunters pack!

~Kimberly

P.S sorry for the short and crappy chapter