sunsets

the only thing michael enjoyed about living on the beach, was not only living with his boyfriend, but also the sunsets.

sunsets always had this way of calming him down. the colors blending with each other gave him this soothing feeling that everything is going to be okay. the beauty awestrucks him all of the time, the sky never failing to make him smile or sigh in awe.

luke looked out the window, smiling small when he saw michael sitting out in the sand, staring at the sunset. luke put down the dish he was drying, and headed outside towards his boyfriend. he knew why michael went out to see the sunsets. when he felt low, or he was angry, he would always go outside and stare at the sunset until his nerves calmed.

he kicked off his flip flops on the wooden deck, and walked through the soft cold sand to his boyfriend. once luke was by michael, he sat down, and neither one of them spoke.

michael slowly intertwined their pinkies together, and luke smiled. michael always hated holding hands, 'i don't like the sweat,' he would say, so instead they held pinkies.

luke felt pressure on his shoulder, and he placed a light kiss on michael's forehead before placing his head on top of his. the two enjoyed the calming silence. the slight breeze, and the sound of the waves made them relaxed and calmed. luke understood how the surroundings calmed people. the beach has always been one of the best places to relax, letting all of your worries go away just for a few hours.

after a few minutes of silence, luke spoke up. "you good?"

michael sighed, and shrugged. "i guess."

luke nodded, twirling michael's faded purple hair in his fingers. michael hummed in delight, leaning into his touch.

it was just them. no one else. and the two boys couldn't be happier.

"i love you," luke whispered.

"i love you too." michael mumbled, closing his eyes.

"to the moon,"

"and back."

______

words: 337

(sorry that it was so short)