we're just friends pt.2

a part two was requested so here it is

_______

michael didn't let luke get to him. he continued on with his day and ignored the blonde. even when luke would come up to michael, he would pretend he wasn't there and continued to talk to his friends.

the blonde was confused as to why his best friend was ignoring him. did he say something? did he do something to make him upset?

luke had enough of it at the end of school when he walked up to michael to ask him if he needed a ride home.

"hey mikey, do you need me to drive you home?" luke asked, clutching his book bag straps.

michael ignored him, continuing to walk out of the school parking lot. luke became angry and grabbed michael's arm, surprising the boy.

"why are you ignoring me?" luke asked, hurt in his voice.

michael didn't look at him, he looked down, kicking pebbles around.

"answer me michael." luke said, frustration laced in his voice.

michael had enough and snapped his head up. "you hurt me."

luke furrowed his eyebrows. "what did i do?"

michael shook his head. "if i tell you, you won't be my friend anymore."

luke frowned and placed his hands on michael's shoulders. "there is nothing that can make me end our friendship, well unless you said some things about me behind your back or made a rumor." he said softly, chuckling at the end.

michael bit his lip, sniffling as to keep his tears from falling.

luke's grip on his shoulders loosened, and his face fell. "did you?"

michael's eyes widened and he shook his head. "n-no! it's just.."

"michael you can tell me." luke said softly.

"not here, pl-please." michael whispered, looking around to make sure no one was staring.

luke nodded his head. "okay, do you want to go to your house or mine?"

"mine, it's something you need to know and my parents."

luke nodded, "alright, it's nothing bad is it?"

michael gave him a small smile. "it depends on how you take it."

__

once the boys got to michael house, they quickly went up to his room and silence fell between them.

michael sat on his bed, and luke sat next to him. the blonde looked at michael, waiting for him to say whatever he needed to tell him. he could tell his best friend was nervous due to his shaking hands.

luke grabbed one of his hands, squeezing it softly.

michael snatched his hand out of his, and stood up. "d-don't do that, just don't."

luke was taken by surprise, looked at michael with a shocked look. "what do you mean?"

michael fisted his hair in his hands and paced around his room. "y-you can't do that, you just can't. y-you're only making my feelings for you stronger a-and i know you don't feel that way back."

luke froze. michael likes him? like, likes him likes him?

"o-oh."

michael stopped pacing around, and faced luke. "please don't leave me." he whispered, his voice cracking.

luke didn't know what to say, or what to do. no wonder why michael has been ignoring him all day. they dated, and while michael had feelings for him, luke didn't feel the same way. and he broke his best friend's heart.

"i'm so sorry michael..."

michael choked on a sob. luke was going to leave him. he was about to lose his best friend because he couldn't control his feelings.

"luke pl-please don't g-go." michael whimpered, tears falling from his eyes.

luke widened his eyes and walked over to michael, embracing him in his arms. "no, no, i won't ever leave you."

michael cried into his shoulder as luke walked them over to his bed and sat down. luke held michael into his arms until his sobs died down and all was heard were sniffles. the sight wasn't pretty, michael's eyes were red and puffy, snot dribbling down his nose. the poor boy just looked like a wreck and luke wanted nothing but for his best friend to feel better.

but he couldn't, his heart was broken and it would take a while to fix.

_______

words: 702

(i most likely won't update for the rest of the week since i have to go to camp, so i'll see you guys later)