hey everybody

all of the boys were in the studio working on the new album. they were almost finished, and couldn't wait to hear the finished product. while being in the studio and creating music was fun, it was also frustrating. coming up with cords, lyrics, and piecing everything together could either take a hour, or longer.

it was also good to make sure everyone has a say so in each lyric, cord, and song they put together. everyone's ideas were important to hear and now. there wasn't any point putting out a song that not every band member liked. not only do they want the fans to enjoy the songs, they want to enjoy them as well. this is their album, and they hope it will top just like youngblood did.

"how does this sound?" calum asks, sliding his song book over to the middle of the table.

ashton read it first, nodding his head in approval and passed it to michael. the guitarist read over the chorus and a smile had spread on his face. "i think it could work."

he gave the notebook to luke, and the blonde read over it. he liked the lyrics, but he thinks that there could be a few changes of words. "it's really good, but maybe change some words?" luke said hesitantly, not wanting to hurt calum's feelings.

"so it sounds good?" calum asks, completely ignoring luke's statement and grabbed his song book.

the boys nodded, and luke frowned. maybe calum just didn't hear him, but he didn't want to repeat himself. calum looked really happy with the lyrics and it's not that often that the band mates see calum so proud of something. luke didn't want to seem like an asshole, so he kept his mouth shut.

the studio fell silent again, each band member doing their own thing to prefect the album. calum was in the corner, quietly singing the lyrics in different melodies.

ashton was scribbling down the last bit of one of their almost finished songs, furrowing his eyebrows and erasing words that didn't piece together.

michael was just strumming his guitar, trying the cords that their producer has suggested.

luke just sat at one of the desks, trying to piece anything down. cords, lyrics, melodies, anything that could go together. writing youngblood was so much easier for him, but now he was just stressed about this album not being their best yet. that's why they hoped with all of their albums. luke was extremely confident with youngblood, they all were. writing the new album wasn't the easiest, but it was flowing somewhat smoothly.

"hey guys, what sounds better?" ashton asks loudly, catching the boy's attention.

he reads the lyrics he wrote, then rereads them again but with different words.

"the first one sounds better." calum commented, walking over to where ashton was sitting and read over the words.

"yeah, it fits better with the song." michael agreed.

and luke thought the complete opposite. both lyrics were great, but the second set sounded more... fitting. the first one could fit, but the second set of lyrics just puts the icing on the cake.

"i actually like the second set." luke said, raising his voice a little so that the boys could hear him.

"so the song is finished then!" ashton smiled, ripping the piece of paper out and pinned it to their song board.

luke frowned and slouched in his seat. he was loud enough, right? or maybe ashton just chose to ignore the comment and just stick with calum's and michael's opinion. he sighed, facing the desk again and rested his head on his hand.

michael noticed this too. he noticed how both ashton and calum had ignored both of his opinions. if michael could hear him, then the other boys could too. the room isn't huge, but it isn't too small either. there's no other noise except the often strum of a guitar, bass, or ashton playing with his drums.

"hey ash, luke said that he preferred the second set of lyrics." michael spoke up, causing luke to tense up.

ashton turned around and raised an eyebrow at luke. "oh?"

"n-no i didn't. the first one is fine." luke lied.

"luke-"

luke stares at michael, causing the boy to sigh and shake his head. "nevermind."

luke mouthed a thank you to the guitarist, and turned back in his seat. ashton shrugged and walked back to his seat.

___

"why did you lie?"

luke turned down the tv and looked at michael. "huh?"

"in the studio. i tried telling ashton what you said, and then you lied. why?" michael asks again.

luke looked away from michael and sighed. "it doesn't matter."

"luke, they were ignoring you. it does matter since you're upset about it." michael frowned.

luke shook his head. "it's fine, that's two more songs already finished."

"but if you don't like it, then you need to speak up lu," michael said softly, scooting closer to the blonde.

luke sighed. "i'll talk to them tomorrow when we go back."

michael smiled and ruffled luke's blonde curls. "this is your songs too, whatever you think about these songs deserves to be heard."

luke nodded, and closed his eyes at the feeling of michael gently massaging his scalp.

he felt michael lay down, and he almost pouted because michael has stopped playing with his hair. but michael pulled luke on top of him and continued playing with his hair.

"michael, i don't think-"

"hush." michael ordered quietly, slowly wrapping his arm around luke's back.

luke sighed and somewhat relaxed into michael's hold. he didn't think them cuddling was a good idea, but he pushed those thoughts aside and just enjoyed the feeling of michael playing with his hair.

tomorrow was going to be a better day for luke, and michael was going to make sure of it.

____

words: 978

requested by: @xLynelzx

hopefully i'll get to update more, but it all depends on my mood and when everyone is around.