ours

michael was great with children. anytime he heard a friend needed someone to watch their child or kids, michael would immediately volunteer. he was great with babies, toddlers, children, and teenagers. it blew luke's mind of how much michael loved children, and the children loved him back. there hasn't been one child or teenager that has hated michael.

they were currently sitting in a restaurant, michael playing peekaboo with ashton's daughter. her laughs filled the room, and people from other tables would look over and smile. callie, ashton's daughter, would move michael's hands from his face so she could see him. once his face appeared, michael would gasp and she would laugh.

"how is everything?" a waitress asked, smiling.

"everything is amazing, thank you." luke groaned, looking at his half empty plate.

the waitress nodded, walking off to serve more tables.

callie was now playing with michael's fingers, her tiny hands wrapping around his.

michael chuckled and looked over to his husband. "she's so cute, isn't she?" he sighed.

luke smiled. "very."

michael has been wanting a child for a few months now. they've been married for two years now, and luke agreed in the beginning that they would have kids some point in their marriage. luke was just worried about not being a good father. he was ready to have a family with his husband, but so many fears and insecurities held him back.

but not anymore. he wasn't going to let that stop michael's wishes and happiness. he promised himself he would give everything michael wanted, and the one thing was a family.

luke smiled fondly as michael continued playing with callie, doing anything to keep her happy and to tire her out. he was ready to see michael with their child.

all michael had to do was say yes.

"michael, i need to tell you something." luke said, wiping his sweaty hand on his pants.

"what is it?" michael asked, turning his focus on luke, and letting callie play with his fingers still.

"in the beginning of our marriage, i made a promise to you. i promised i would give you everything you've wanted, no matter how long it takes. we have so many years ahead of us, and that's why i want us to start a family. carter will be ours next month, and all you have to do is say yes." he said, watching as michael's face filled with shock and happiness.

"r-really?" he whispered, his eyes filling with tears.

"yeah baby." luke laugh lightly, placing his hand on top of michael's.

"oh my god!" michael wailed, tears falling down in cheeks, not in sadness, but in absolutely joy.

luke started crying a little as well, the reaction from michael was the most precious thing he's ever seen and this would be a memory he would have for the rest of his life.

michael got up from his seat, sitting next to luke and hugged him. "t-thank you so much! oh my god i love you."

luke wrapped his arms around his lover, holding him until the tears stopped. he lifted michael's head up, and softly kissed him.

"you're going to be such a great dad." luke whispered.

"and you are too." michael smiled.

luke wasn't sure about that yet, but a month later when carter was placed in his arms, he knew that he would do everything to protect their child, and give him the life and love he deserves.

____

words: 578

k i know i said pt. 3 of brother's boyfriend was going to be the next update, but i got three new ideas and i just had to write this one.

so since it's october, would you guys like some halloween, horror based one shots? i have one in mind but i don't want to write it and publish it if no one is interested in that stuff.

aLsO i'm a huge disney fan, so uh, would you guys be interested in disney based one shots? maybe even marvel? i don't want to bore you guys or write something y'all don't like.