brand new

luke watched as michael stirred in his sleep, his fingers twitching and his eyelids fluttering open slowly.

he immediately rushed over to his side, cupping his hands in his and smiled as michael's eyes fully opened and finally landed on him.

"hey baby," luke whispered.

michael groaned, clenching his now, crimson red eyes closed.

luke strokes his hair, frowning. "i know baby, i know."

the after affects of transforming into a vampire weren't the greatest. your entire body is sore, your gums are bleeding because the fangs are trying to get used to the fit in between the gum and regular teeth, your head is always hurting because your eyesight is so much clearer and more stronger.

so for the rest of the week, luke was going to make sure michael was well taken care of.

it took michael a while to convince his boyfriend to turn him. when luke realized that michael was going to continue to get older, and he couldn't do that. he's been nineteen for one hundred and eight years. as much as he hated that the only way he could be with michael forever is if he was a vampire, it had to happen. they both want to get married one day, and possibly start a family.

"luke.." michael whimpered, opening and closing his mouth, moving his jaw around.

"i know baby, the pain will go away soon, i promise." luke spoke quietly, not wanting to hurt michael's head even more.

michael was quiet, keeping his eyes closed since they're so sensitive at the moment.

"m' back hurts." michael slurred, slowly rolling over to lay on his stomach.

"do you want me to massage it love?" luke asked, already starting to climb on the bed.

"please."

luke sat on the other side of him, not wanting to sit on his waist and cause him more pain. he gentle began massaging his shoulders, and worked his way down his back, kneading his fingers into his skin.

michael couldn't help the moan that left his mouth. he was just in so much pain and luke massaging skills have always been amazing.

"feeling better baby angel?" luke whispered, kissing the back of michael's head.

"mhm."

"do you need anything? is your gums bleeding?" luke asked as he continued massaging michael's back.

michael was quiet for a moment, letting out low groans. "water.. please.. and a trash bag."

luke nodded, leaning up and kissing the back of his neck. "i'll be right back. stay here and don't move, okay?"

michael didn't respond, and luke left the room quickly to gather the supplies. he came back shortly with a cup of water with a bendy straw and a trash bag, setting it on the side table.

"here love," luke whispered, nudging the straw at michael's lips.

michael slowly wrapped his lips around the straw, drinking the cold beverage and sighed as the taste of blood left his mouth. once he took a few gulps, he pushed the straw away from his mouth and made grabby hands at luke.

the blonde chuckled, sliding into the bed and didn't let his arms fall around his boyfriend until he was comfortable. michael ended up laying on top of him, but it was no big deal. vampires didn't have to breathe anyways, and michael didn't feel heavy at all.

"are you cold?" luke asked, stroking michael's hair, knowing it keeps him calm and sleepy.

and that's what michael needed, lots and lots of rest.

"freezing." michael mumbled out, curling into himself.

another thing was different temperatures. one minute you're extremely cold and want to be wrapped in every blanket and jacket you have, and the next you're sweating and burning up as if you were standing next to the sun. but after michael's body is used to the transformation, he'll be able to control his body heat.

luke placed the big blanket over him, tucking him in so there was no way the cold air could reach his skin.

"you're so warm.. always warm.. like a human body heater.." michael sighed, tucking his head into luke's neck.

luke laughed. "a human body heater?"

"mhm. now shut up and let me sleep."

luke chuckled at michael's sudden change of attitude (also another after effect), placing a kiss to his temple before falling asleep with michael.

(vampires sleep, in no way in hell would michael pass up sleeping.)

____

words: 732