tis the season

the hemming's house hold was cheery and bright. christmas was just in a few hours, and both luke and michael were wrapping presents that came late from amazon.

the speakers played christmas songs, some songs being skip because not every christmas song is great. other than that, both the boys were buzzing from excitement.

this christmas is their first one together as a married couple, and it was different from past christmas's because well, they weren't married then and now they are.

luke has a motto when it came to wrapping presents. "as long as you can't see what's inside, it's wrapped." and yeah, michael feared that the presents luke wrapped were going to be a nightmare trying to tear.

"luke, i'm out of wrapping paper." michael announced, sealing a piece of tape on the side of the wrapped gift.

"i'm out of tape."

michael was about to ask how luke was out of tape because they had just bought a new role earlier that morning. instead, he bursted out laughing. luke had tangled tape on his fingers and wrists, and he pouted. "stop laughing and help me!"

michael shrugged, ripping the tape off and luke screamed. "you bitch that hurt!"

michael laughed, and kissed the red skin. "you asked me to help you."

luke slapped a piece of tape on michael's arm and ripped it off. michael screeched, slapping luke's arm. "meanie."

"you're so childish," luke said rolling his eyes, "since we're out, let's go to the dollar store. we need milk for the cookies anyways."

both the boys slipped on shoes, not caring that they were wearing sweatpants and t-shirts. it's nine at night, and no one is really going to be out since tomorrow is christmas.

thankfully the dollar store was still open, but was going to close soon. they felt bad for coming in when the store was closing in ten minutes.

"luke this one is so cute!" michael squealed, grabbing a wrapping paper with little deers on them.

they got two rolls of each item and got the milk before paying and leaving.

"please don't wrap yourself again." michael sighed when they got back to the house.

luke pouted. "the tape is sticky!"

michael shook his head and sighed. "what am i going to do with you?"

"fine! you wrap the presents and i'll make the cookies, mr. i-can-wrap-better." luke huffed, stomping off to the kitchen.

michael laughed, resuming the christmas music and began to wrap the presents. there was more than he though, and he groaned thinking he was going to be up until dawn wrapping presents. there were presents for the both of them, both of their parents, and luke's brothers.

michael yawned, another hour passing from wrapping presents. he could smell the cookies baking and knew luke was doing a good job. he was always a good baker, both of them were.

luke came out of the kitchen with two cookies in his hands. he handed one to michael with a smile, and he took it happily. his mouth watered at the taste, and told luke he did a great job.

luke helped michael wrap the rest of the presents, and then they went to the bedroom to sleep. michael cuddled up to luke, seeking warmth even though they were covered with a blanket. luke wrapped his arms around michael, kissing him lightly and murmured a 'good night' before they both fell asleep.

_____

words: 575

josh proposed to debby and that's all i ever needed