cosmetics

luke loved everything about his baby boy.

the way his eyes would light up when he saw something he liked, the way he covered his face when he laughed, when he would hum songs while he cooked, or how he would always give luke a hug and a kiss every hour.

the one thing he loved the most though, was when his baby would try out different makeup styles.

michael loved makeup. he loved the way the colors blended together, and how some of the colors made his eyes pop. he found makeup very creative, and he used it for those purposes. not because he thought he was ugly, but he saw makeup as art.

michael shyly walked up to luke, and sat on the couch next to him, leaning into his side. luke wrapped a arm around the boy, and gave his shoulder a small squeeze.

"what's up babe?" luke asked, looking down at his boyfriend.

"i um.. saw these ombré eyeshadows on instagram and i just wanted to try it out?" michael mumbled, his cheeks turning a light pink.

that's something else luke loved about michael. no matter how many times he's asked to try out makeup on him, michael would still be shy and hesitant.

luke's lips curled into a smile, and he turned off the tv. "of course baby."

michael squealed, pulling luke off of the couch and lead him to the bathroom. luke sat on the toilet, waiting as michael grabbed his supplies from his makeup bag. he sat them down on the counter, and tilted luke's face in different directions.

he cleaned his eyes, using a makeup wipe and then stared at luke's blue eyes. michael poked out his tongue, tapping his chin in thought.

"i think the purple ombré will look best." michael mumbled quietly, opening his eyeshadow palette.

he immediately got to work, blending the vibrant colors on luke's eyelids. he finished it off with winged eyeliner, and he smiled.

"oh my gosh luke! it looks so amazing!" michael gasped, frantically looking for his hand mirror.

once he found it, he handed it to the blonde and luke's jaw dropped. michael wasn't lying, it looked really good. the purple ombré made his blue eyes pop out, and his freckles around his eyes looked more visible.

"baby this looks absolutely stunning!" luke smiled, looking up at michael.

michael blushed, mumbling a small 'thank you',and hugged the blonde.

"can i take a picture of it? and post it on my instagram?"

michael had two instagram accounts. his private account, and his makeup account. even though luke's answer was yes every time, michael still asked. he would never post anything that had luke in it without his permission. even if it was just his eye.

"of course princess, you don't have to ask." luke chuckled.

"i know, but still." michael giggled, grabbing his phone and taking a few pictures until he was satisfied with one he like the best.

he quickly posted it to his makeup account, and wiped off the eyeshadow that was on luke's eyes. luke kissed his nose after he finished, and michael scrunched up his nose.

"thank you for letting me try the ombré on you," michael mumbled when they went back the living room and cuddled.

luke kissed his forehead, letting his lips linger there for a few seconds. "any time bub."

________

words: 563