roses

luke had just lit the last candle on the table when michael entered their shared home. he quickly put the lighter in a drawer, returning back to the decorated dining room. michael had a smile on his face, and it had only widened when he saw his boyfriend.

"happy valentine's day, baby." luke smiled.

"you did all of this?" michael breathed out, engulfing the blonde in a hug.

"mhm, i even made chicken alfredo." luke answered, wrapping his arms around michael.

michael groaned. "fuck, i love you."

luke laughed and gently kissed his boyfriend. michael wrapped his arms around luke's neck, deepening the kiss and then pulled away. he pecked luke's lips once more before sitting down at the table, where two plates of warm chicken alfredo and champagne glasses were placed.

luke popped open the bottle of champagne, pouring the drink into their glasses.

"to us," luke smiled, raising his glass up.

"to us," michael giggled, clinking their glasses together and then took a sip of the drink.

while they ate their food, michael discussed his day at work, telling luke some of the stories that the elderly had shared with him.

michael worked at a nursing home. before his nana died, he took care of her since no one else would. after she passed, michael decided to volunteer as a worker at nursing homes nearby. some of the elderly were easy to take care of, while others were a pain in the ass. even though some days are hard, he still loves his job otherwise.

they finished their food and cleaned up the kitchen. luke put on music while they cleaned, ever so often slapping his boyfriend with a drying towel. they ended up getting in a fight, just slapping each other with drying towels. they stopped once their arms were a bright red, continuing on with cleaning the dishes.

once they finished, luke swooped michael into his arms, carrying him bridal style up the stairs, and out onto the small balcony they had outside of their window. one of the perks of living in an apartment.

there was blankets and pillows laid down on the concrete flooring, small lantern lights hanging on the black steel fence. michael was in awe, giving luke a quick kiss before laying down on the blankets.

"i can't believe you did all of this." michael said quietly.

michael was sitting in between luke's legs, his boyfriend's arms wrapped around his waist. an episode of house was playing on the laptop, neither of the two barely paying attention to it. they've mainly only been sharing kisses and touches, but nothing sexual.

as the clock rounded to almost midnight, luke squeezes michael's waist and kissed his temple. "wait here, i need to get something real quick."

michael nodded, wrapping his blanket around him tighter. it was beginning to get a bit chilly, and luke is normally warm all the time. he's basically a human body heater, and michael absolutely loves it. cuddling was even more better because not only does he get lots of attention, but also warmth, comfort.

luke came back with nothing in his hands, which made michael confused but he didn't question anything. he only curled into luke's lap once the blonde sat back down and sighed. he was close to falling asleep, but he felt luke rub his cheek gently and he fluttered his eyes open.

"don't fall asleep on me yet darling, i have something for you." luke smiled.

michael yawned and rubbed his eyes. "what is it?"

luke paused the show, and then held both of michael's hands. "i love you, so much. you know that right?"

michael nodded, becoming a bit confused. "with all my heart."

luke nodded. "and i've loved you for a very long time, and i don't think i'll ever stop. which is why," he paused, digging in his pocket and pulled out a velvet box.

michael gasped, his eyes immediately blazing over with tears because he knows what is about to happen.

"i want you to marry me, michael. i want you to be mine, forever." luke smiled, opening the box, revealing the diamond ring.

michael nodded, a shaky sob leaving his lips. luke slipped the ring onto his finger, and then kissed him.

"i love you, so very much." he whispered in between kisses.

"i love you too, so much." michael whispered.

____

words: 730

requested by: -midnightcal

oh man, ya'll remember bad at love? yeah, i was getting those memories while writing this.