i'll be your hero

michael paced in his living room, constantly looking down at his watch to look at the time.

6:30

luke was supposed to be home thirty minutes ago. he wouldn't be so worried if he would have called him or texted him. he knows that his boyfriend is trying to protect the city, but sometimes michael can't help but worry all the time. he doesn't want luke to get severely hurt, or even worse, killed.

he knows luke has a lot of enemies, and that's what worries michael even more. he doesn't have super powers like luke does. he can't shoot webs from his wrists or swing through the sky.

michael had enough, and grabbed a jacket and his car keys before walking out the door.

michael drove through the city, looking around for any sign of a red suit, or someone swinging through the sky. the volume on his radio was off. he wanted hear any sirens or screams nearby.

each corner he would turn, he would look in the sky or on top of building for any sight of his boyfriend.

no luck, clearly.

michael finally pulled over to the side of the road and pulled out his phone. he tried called luke again, and was sent to voicemail. he sent him a text, and waited a few minutes.

no response.

michael sighed, banging his head on the steering wheel repeatedly.

"why can't i have a normal boyfriend!" michael groaned.

and sometimes michael wished that stupid spider wouldn't have bit luke, because next thing he knew, his window shattered, and a mechanical tentacle of some sort, grabbed for his arm.

michael shrieked, sliding into the passenger's seat. that window busted too, and another tentacle tried grabbing him as well.

michael screamed, climbing into the backseat and laid on the floor. it was a tight squeeze, but he held his breath and hid himself the best he could. he heard the sound of mental clanging, and michael's face paled as he felt the car being picked up. he rolled back up front, glass from the windows dug into his skin and he winced.

the car was thrown down, and michael hit his head on the dashboard. he groaned, his vision going blurry for a few seconds.

when his vision cleared up, he saw the face of the one and only, dr. octavius. the scientist smiled, and one of the metal tentacles took off his goggles.

"hello michael, i'm so sorry we have to meet this way but i have some duties to take care of. starting with you." he said darkly.

the car door opened, and michael weakly tried kicking away his arm. more glass dug into his skin, and michael groaned in pain.

"shh, it's okay. i'll take great care of you." he heard dr. octavius says, before dragging him out of the car.

he felt a prick on his arm, and his arm started to burn and michael let out a cry.

the last thing michael saw was one of the tentacles picking him up before he blacked out.

luke was absolutely terrified. he saw all of the missed calls and texts from michael, and he felt terrible.

something bad could have happened to him, and it could be too late now. or maybe michael was just really worried, and was now in bed sleeping, safe and okay.

as luke was on his way home, he saw bright police lights and fire truck lights, and a sound of commotion off to the side of the street. he walked over, and gasped at the sight.