love you like a love song

music, one of the biggest interests in the whole world.

there's different genres, allowing everyone to find their taste in music. learning to play instruments is fun as well, stressful, but fun. singing is another beautiful thing about music. anyone can sing, just some need to work on their voices.

music was the way to find your soulmate. a song lyric appears on your arm when you turn ten years old. your soulmate has the exact same lyric. when you're around them, the lyric glows and turns into a name. it was super cool, everyone wanting to meet their soulmate just so they could see the black ink glow. (well, to find their true love as well)

"the sorrow doubt holds, to subdue my woes."

the lyric was absolutely beautiful, and michael knew that his soulmate had to be too.

michael met his soulmate at a restaurant.

he left work later than he usually does and decided to go out and eat instead of going home and cooking dinner himself. when his waiter came to his table. he noticed his shirt sleeve glowing, and he looked at his arm wide eyed.

his waiter's arm was glowing too.

both of them immediately rolled their sleeves up, the lyrics now gone and a name replaced.

michael looked up at his soulmate, luke, and smiled. "damn, you are beautiful."

luke blushed. "y-you are too."

both of them didn't utter a word, only studying each other's facial features because god, they have never seen someone so beautiful in their lives.

"i um.. i can see if my boss will let me off.. if you want to um, talk." luke mumbled.

michael nodded. "i'd like that."

michael learned the simplest and the not so simple things about luke. they didn't share everyone that one night, leaving some things to say for another day. plus, they were still in a restaurant and some people are straight up nosey.

they shared numbers before michael left, agreeing to meet again the next day after their shifts were over.

and michael learned even more as he and luke met. the blue eyed boy had so many intesting things about him that made michael fall for him even more.

luke's favorite color was lilac. he loved the fall season so he could wear his sweaters. going to the beach in the summer while the sun was setting was one of his favorite things, along with walking on the beach while it was dark. luke has always dreamed of going to disney world because his parents didn't have enough money to take him, and neither did he.

there was just so much about luke that made michael's heart flutter, and he couldn't wait to slip a ring on luke's finger.

he made sure luke was happy all the time. he even took him to disney world one year, and the boy cried and thanked michael a million times.

he proposed to him on their last day at disney world since they've been dating for three years now. michael made love to him the second they got back home.

their wedding wasn't big since luke wasn't comfortable with having a lot of people. so they only invited close family and friends. the wedding wasn't fancy either, luke had cooked all of the food, including the cake.

michael was so proud of his baby, and couldn't wait for the years to come.

___

words: 570

requested by: @blinkcthood

man i am on a updating roll!

also i made a tellonym, so um if you wanna ask anything or whatever the link is in my bio :-)

also i'm sorry if this sucked, i'm trying to make my one shots more story than dialogue and trying out some other things as well. and i'm also sorry that requests are taking so long, i just don't wanna disappointment any of you and make it horrible.

smooches, ash

(p.s. the lyric is from overgrown by write home, a really cool band that i discovered on twitter after they followed me on there. you should really check them out if you haven't. they're kind of new.)