joke on you

michael hated yelling at the students, but sadly that was really the only way they would ever get quiet or actually do their work.

he gives them three tries. if they don't quiet down or don't do their work like michael tells them too on the third try, he'll yell at them. like usual, the classroom would quiet down and do their work right away.

what he really doesn't like though, is when he hears some of the students making fun of him. they think they talk quietly, but he can hear the rude comment or joke about him. it really upset him, but he didn't let it bother him. he felt like it was stupid to take a thirteen year old rude comment to heart. he's a grown man, he shouldn't be upset about these things.

but today, was the worst.

first, he forgot to order his medicine that he really needed today. his anxiety was all over the place this morning and he was very jittery today. his husband, luke, tried getting michael to stay home. he didn't want him to breakdown in the middle of class or anything else.

secondly, he was late. the principal was on his butt about being late and how he should be on time. that made michael feel worse.

and lastly, the students would not shut up.

it was like today they decided to not give a crap and just do whatever they wanted. michael yelled at them once, twice, and they still didn't shut up.

michael slammed his pen on the desk and stood up from his desk. "if you don't quiet down i will make you all write chapter one from the text book word for word! now either get quiet and do your work, or you can spend the rest of the class period writing a whole chapter. am i understood?"

he heard the students mutter a 'yes sir' and the class fell silent, the only sound heard was the pencils or pens writing on the papers.

michael sighed in relief, sitting back down in his seat and began grading last weeks test. it was going great until he heard the whispers.

"he yells so much, i wonder why his double chin still exists."

"i'd love to see his fatas.s do this sh.it."

"i bet he couldn't even pick up a piece of paper without sweating."

there was giggles, and then the class fell silent again.

and michael struggled not to cry in the middle of class.

________

luke wasn't home when michael got back, and he was thankful for that.

luke was a volunteer firefighter, and he was mostly called in around the time michael got home. which he was okay with, they needed the money and luke was great help and michael understood that.

he went into their shared bedroom and took off his clothes, now only in his boxers and went into the bathroom. he turned on the light, and stood in front of the mirror. he winced, and stepped closer, leaning over the counter to get a good look at his face.

he tilted his head down just a little, and grimaced when he already saw the bottom of his chin poking out. he hated his chin, and his cheeks. they were naturally chubby and something a lot of people pointed out.

he sighed, taking a few steps back and turned to his side, glancing at his stomach. he wasn't overweight or anything like that, he was just pudgy in places he didn't like.

he hated his body. his stomach wasn't abs and rock hard, his hips are squishy, his cheeks are chubby (naturally), and there was so much more that he was just so disgusted with his body.