not wanted

sometimes michael felt out of place in the band. compared to ashton, calum, and luke, he's basically nothing. they're all so talented and can sing while he can't. plus, they all had good looks and a good style while he was still trying to find his and he just looked awful.

he also notices that he's ignored a lot, or gets looks from his band mates that he wishes he didn't. when they are all in the same room, michael can feel just how unwanted he is there.

it hurts a lot, especially when it comes from luke.

he's been crushing on the blonde since their sounds good feels good era. he was so nice, always had something planned for the band to do, or even just them two. he was always there for michael when he was upset or angry. now, he's barely there anymore. he doesn't check up on him anymore.

they used to sleep in the same bed together every night, even when they were on the tour bus. michael was having a hard time sleeping every night, and that effected him during the day. so luke started to sleep with him, cuddling him and would run his fingers through michael's hair until he fell asleep.

now that's gone too. he's back to going to sleep at the crack of dawn and he feels miserable all over again.

he thought that maybe he was just over reacting, or he was just being silly. they all love him and enjoy being around him.. right? he still had little hopes that he was wanted in the band when he managed to make the boys laugh really hard, or get sassy with them.

but he was proven wrong when they were all on the tour bus.

michael was having a bad day and just wanted to talk and cuddle with someone. all he had were his band mates, but he didn't care. they were always there for him, they've said it. so he first went up to calum who was tuning a guitar he brought just to play while they were traveling in the bus.

"calum?"

he didn't get a response.

maybe he just didn't hear me, michael thought.

"calum, can i talk to you?" michael asked, making sure he was loud.

calum looked up at michael and motioned down to the guitar. "i'm kind of busy right now. see if ashton or luke will."

michael felt a weight in his chest. calum always stopped what he was doing to talk to michael. at least he used to.

michael walked away, searching for ashton and found the drummer in his bunk sleeping. he didn't want to disturb his sleep, knowing he must be exhausted from how hard he plays at the concerts.

the only person left was luke, and he didn't want to talk to the blonde. there's nothing against him, but michael's emotions are all over the place and talking and just being around luke will only overload everything.

but he had no choice, considering calum is too busy tuning a guitar and ashton is sleeping.

he found luke in his bunk as well, and the blonde was on his phone scrolling through social media, occasionally liking fan's pictures and art work.

michael crawled in the bunk with him, not bothering to ask or say anything because he knew he was going to be ignored. the space was tight, considering the bunks aren't made or two people.

luke groaned, slightly shoving michael. "there's no room in here michael, go somewhere else."

"b-but luke i-"

"michael you have your bunk and there's other ones too. there's no reason for you to be in here so please go someone else!" luke said, raising his voice.

michael quickly left the bunk, muttering apologies and ran into the bathroom. he locked the door and slid to the floor and cried. he didn't know why calum or luke were acting like that. is he really not wanted here? do they really not like him?

he worries and fears got the best of him, causing heartbreaking sobs to leave his mouth and he curled into himself for some type of comfort. maybe his band really did hate him.

he heard a knock on the door, more of like a pound. "hurry up! i really have to pee!"

michael wiped his tears, standing up and looked in the mirror quickly before unlocking the door and opening it. he tried passing by luke, but the blonde grabbed his arm and turned him around.

luke saw michael's red puffy eyes, and the few tears that still managed to run down his face. he frowned, hating seeing michael like this.

"mikey, what happened?" luke asked softly.

michael shook his head, ripping his arm out of his grip. "i-i'm leaving."

luke furrowed his eyebrows. "what do you mean?"

michael took a deep breath and wiped the remaining tears on his face. "the band, luke. i-i'm not wanted here so why stay in a band that won't even talk to me anymore?"

luke's heart broke. michael felt unwanted, and it's all of their fault. "michael you can't leave the band."

michael scoffed. "you don't make my choices for me. i'll leave if i want, and i'm surprised that you care."

luke was shocked. where did this attitude come from? when did michael become so.. broken?

"michael.. i've always cared. please don't leave, we need you. the fans need you, hell i need you michael!"

michael was quiet for a moment. "you should have said that a long time ago."

michael agreed to leave the band after tour, not wanting to disappoint fans and ruin the band and the shows even more than he does already. he announced the news the night after their last concert, causing fans to freak out and start rumors as to why they think michael left.

the band was devastated when michael said he was leaving. they've all known each other for so long and wanted to carry out this band for years, together.

michael said his reasons why he was leaving, and the boys tried convincing him to stay, and that they would change they way they act with him. but it was too late, the damage had already been done and it would take more than an apology to bring him back.

_____

words: 1,062

let me guess, ya'll want a part two?