Chapter 5

Eros's POV:

This is the King's castle? I stared at it quietly as I felt a sense of deja vu. His castle is as dark as night while my Master's and Daddy's castle is light colored, just like the names of their lands.

 His castle is as dark as night while my Master's and Daddy's castle is light colored, just like the names of their lands

Josiah's and Jason's castle ^ 

Lucifer's castle ^

"Eros, we're going to set up the camp now. Help us find some firewood in the meanwhile kay?" Damon requested as I wandered off into the woods, chopping down a tree or two before splitting them up into pieces. This should be enough... deer.

Breaking a sharp piece of bark swiftly, I threw the bark at it skillfully, piercing it through it's neck swiftly, giving it a fast and painless death. Thankfully my skills aren't that rusty even after not practicing for such a long time.

Hauling it over my back, I felt my chest tightened as I gasped for breath. Shit. I'm so out of shape. I used to be able to carry 3 of them with ease. Now I can barely even carry one! Dragging my feet along the wet muddy ground, I threw the deer in front of the 3 of them as they stared at me with mixed expressions.

"What?" Damon stopped tugging on our tent which he had helped to set it up for me as he eyed the ground and my hands.

"I thought I asked you to get firewood?" Damon commented with curiosity, that's when I realized that I had forgotten to bring the tree barks back with me.

"Cool. You managed to get a deer for our dinner. This can help us cut down on the meal costs." Gray said calmly as he fixed up the his tent, giving it a last final tug.

"Why are you dragging it back like you're having such a hard time? You used to be able to carry 3 of them in one go and even run with them." Sebastian spoke up as I shrugged lightly at his comment.

"Lack of training. I'll go and get the firewood back." Spinning around to go back to where I was before, I felt my heart constrict as I doubled over, gasping for breath while coughing violently. Shit.

"Eros! Are you alright?" Damon questioned worriedly as he dashed to my side swiftly. His hands rubbing my back softly as I struggled to catch my breath. Taking large and deep breaths, I finally managed to regulate my breathing before standing up slowly as he helped me up.