Chapter 34

Third Person's POV:

"Wahh! Daddy catch!" Amerie awed in wonder upon laying her eyes on the large beautiful flower field before her as Eros and Lucifer strolled steadily behind her. Lucifer being the overly-anxious one, kept watching out for every stone or holes in the ground which may seem to be a threat to Eros's wheelchair which he was pushing and questioning whether he wanted a drink or bite at every 10 minutes interval, hence causing them to be lagging behind the hyperactive little girl.

"Daddy play ball with Amerie!" She exclaimed energetically as she bounced around in her pink sundress with a bouncy ball which Jessica had eagerly handed to her before they left the castle. Her words however, caused Lucifer's mother hen mode to go into overdrive as he started to panic to find a way to get Eros out of the way of playing.

"What? No no no. I'll play with you hun, Daddy needs to rest okay-" A awkward chuckle left his lips as he forced himself to smile under the bored look on the little girl's face which made him wonder how to convince her out of her thoughts.

"It's okay, Ray. I'll play with her." Eros smiled lightly at Lucifer, making his eyes droop in defeat as he knew he didn't have the heart to say no to him, especially when he've just gotten him back.

"But Kai-" Dropping to his knees before him, he gave Eros the puppy eyes which just made Eros chuckle at his adorable and protective Lucifer is.

"I'm fine, Ray. Won't be far."

"Fine... I'll join you guys soon but if you feel anything wrong, come to me immediately okay? Promise me that."

"Yes Ray, I promise."With much reassurance in his eyes, Lucifer sighed loudly before getting back onto his feet and behind Eros's wheelchair once again.

"Fine... lead the way, princess!" That earned a loud cheerful cheer from Amerie as she leaped into the air before calling the two of them to go to her. After ensuring that Eros's gas tank that was hooked at the back of the wheelchair was properly connected to the nasal cannula and that the wheelchair was locked securely for 3 times, Lucifer finally let out a sigh of relief before walking away to a shady corner under a large tree, far yet near enough to keep the two in sight.

After laying the picnic mat and setting the food and refreshments filled backpack down, he then pulled out facetowels from the bag and laying them neatly down onto the mat. These made him feel like the mum of the family, causing him to chuckle lightly at his own actions.

"Papa! Come play!" Amerie shouted for him, making him jump onto his feet and race towards them, catching the ball which Eros had missed due to it being thrown too far off from him.

"Got it! One point for Daddy!" Lucifer cheered, making a gasp leave Amerie's mouth as she stared at him in disbelief, causing Eros to chuckle lightly at their interaction.

"No fair! Papa help Amerie too!"

"Nahh... I remember someone saying that she's a big girl and doesn't need help. Rememberrrr?" This made Lucifer snicker when Amerie let out a strangled groan, regretting her words from before.

"Um.... Nope!"

"Are you lyinggg?"

"Nooooooo... maybe?" After a minute or two of staring at one another in silence, they all burst out laughing at their silliness before crowding around Eros. Lucifer resting his head on Eros's lap while Amerie sat on Lucifer's shoulder. Eros on the other hand, was enjoying both of their presence as he played with their hair lightly as they watched the koi fishes swam around in schools.

"Papa, can I feed the fishies?"

"Sure, hun. You can take the pack of bread crumbs in the front zipper."

"Yeah! Thanks Papa!" With that, she jumped off Lucifer's shoulder and raced away to where the picnic mat lay as Lucifer stared up at Eros with soft eyes.

"Shall we get under the shade then?" He questioned softly yet caringly as Eros nodded with a lovely smile on his face before motioning Lucifer to get closer. Curious as always, Lucifer leaned in towards Eros where he got his face lifted up gently to face Eros straight in his eyes.

"Thank you for everything, Lucifer." Those 5 words, so simple yet extremely sincere and filled with so much emotions filled Lucifer's heart with warmth he had never experienced till now, resulting in large tear droplets roll down his face much to his resistance. What blew his mind away was when Eros planted a lingering kiss on his lips almost right after finishing his sentence and the following sentence he made right after.

"I think I'm falling in love with you, Ray." That was all that was enough to make him fall back onto his knees as he stared up at Eros in surprise.

"R-Really? You really mean it? You don't have to force yourself to say that you know, I'll wait till you're ready and-"

"I mean it, Ray. It may seem sudden but I've been thinking. I'll like to give us a chance." As if getting slapped by a pair of high-heels in the face, Lucifer simply kneeled there gapping like a fish out of water as he replayed Eros's words over and over in his mind, causing Eros to chuckle lightly once more before placing yet another kiss on his lips. "Do you believe me now?"

"Y-Yes! Oh my freaking cheeseballs and blueberry cheesecake! Are you serious? Like serious serious?"

"What's with the cheeseballs and blueberry cheesecake?" Eros joked lightly at Lucifer's reaction as he wondered what those are anyway.

"Bad habits die hard. Anyways..."

"Yes, I'm serious."

"Then will you be my boyfriend, Kai?"

"Yes."

"Well thank goodness I've brought you out today huh, boyfriend." Lucifer winked playfully at Eros, making him roll his eyes at his antics.

"Stop. It sounds weird when you say it like that."

"Nah. I like it, booooyfriend."

"Sigh... whatever you like then."

"Then, how about 'Love'?"

"That sounds better than calling me 'boyfriend'."

"Okay Love. Let's get you under the shade asap then before you get tanned." Lucifer commented dreamily as he snuggled his head against Eros's neck, breathing in the lovely scent of honey and vanilla which he had missed dearly.

"Okay. Also, I want cheeseballs and blueberry cheesecake. They sound nice."

"As you wish, my love. Anything you want." Placing a light peck on Eros's lips, a soft smile graced both their faces as they awaited for what's to come in their future together as a couple.

Not the end yet! Sorry to disappoint ya'll!

Oh btw, I've edited chapter 27 as I've realized that I've made Lucifer ask Eros to be his boyfriend then but nah. this is a better one than the other.