Chapter 22

Sorry for the late update. I'm feeling extremely uninspired and school has started so I don't have much time either. So ya...

Btw, question for ya'll. Happy or Sad Ending? Or both?

Jessica's POV:

"Amerie dear?" I called out softly, poking my head into the playroom where the little angel is sleeping in. She's so precious! She loves sleeping on the large beanbag there so the playroom which was once Lucifer's is now as good as her own.

" *yawns*... Yes Grannie?" She yawned out groggily, rubbing her eyes while hugging a bunny soft toy which she had named as Mr Bun.

"For you." I smiled widely while handing her a present which she took it hesitantly with wide eyes before tearing the wrapping off carefully and neatly, as if afraid to damage whatever is inside. Upon seeing the gift, a warm smile formed on her lips as she stared down at the gift with tears started rolling down her face. Oh dear. Does she not like it? The saleswoman said that little girls will like these though.... Did she trick me? I wonder if I can still get an exchange or refund. Sitting down cross-legged before her, I lifted her head up gently before tenderly wiping her tears away from her beautiful face. This feels so memorable. I remember doing this to Lucifer everytime he fell when he was still learning how to walk. Funny thing is, after comforting him, he'll stand up again and whack the floor, blaming that it caused him to fall, before trying to walk again. He was such an adorable kid then.

"What's wrong, my love?" Her tears soon stopped as she beamed up at me with closed eyes.

"N-Nothing wrong Grannie. T-Thank you Grannie. No one ever buy Amerie a present." Amerie clutched her new stuffed toys tightly to her chest as a bright smile plastered on her face permanently.

" Amerie clutched her new stuffed toys tightly to her chest as a bright smile plastered on her face permanently

"Have your parents never bought you anything for your birthday?"

"Amerie say no need! Mummy daddy say no money so for Amerie birthday we eat pancakes! Pancakes and icing sugar!" She beamed at the memories yet part of me felt like crying. Usually if kids hear their parents say that, they'll throw a fuss and be a brat but not this angel. She understood her parents situation and was contented with what she've received. She's really a jem to have.

 She's really a jem to have