Chapter 10

Eros’s POV:

‘Can i hef some clotes?’ I wrote as Jessica, Lucifer’s mother, nodded eagerly before exiting my room. I feel bad to do this to them… they’ve been treating me so well… but I have to do this. For them, I’ll do anything.

12:00. Locking the door swiftly behind her, I took out the metal fork which I’ve snuck from Lucifer from under my pillow before working my way with the window locks. I have 10 minutes max before the new guard arrives. The pattern that I’ve observed for the past month is such that a different guard will be stationed outside my side of the castle for every 2 hour and 50 minutes.

There will then be a 10 minute interval before the next guard takes their spot. Now I can help the rest infiltrate without much worry. The small guy will be on duty next. Out of all of them, the one who’s on duty at 12:10 is the smallest and least buff so it’ll be easier to escape even if I get spotted.

Tampering with the lock swiftly, I slide open the window before sneaking out silently. Standing on the roof just directly outside my window, I slide down the tiles before leaping to the one beside it as I neared the end. 3 floors down. 4 floors to go-

“Stop!” Shit. He’s not supposed to be here. It’s only 5 minutes! Shit.

Couldn’t be bothered about the consequences, I leaped off the roof and into one of the tall leafy trees in the woods, catching hold of its bark securely before scaling down agilely. Taking off swiftly, the shouts behind me soon turned into muffles as I rolled my eyes at their slowness.

Tripping on my jelly like legs due to not eating for the whole time in the castle, I halted in my tracks when my eyes spotted the person in front of me. My eyes grew wide in astonishment. This cannot be real… how can he be here? I didn’t tell anyone about my plans.

“L-” Before I knew it, I felt a heavy and sharp pain hit the back of my head as I fell forward with eyes falling shut, losing consciousness instantly.

Where did I go wrong?

Jessica’s POV:

“Lucifer, you can’t stay here forever. Even Doctor White doesn’t know when he’ll wake. It’s been a week already.” I sighed gently while resting my hand on Lucifer’s shoulder gently.

“He’ll wake up. I know he will.” He said in a pained voice as he gripped onto Ky’s, that’s his name according to Lucifer, limp hand even tightly. He pressed his lips against Ky’s fingers as he stared at him with eyes filled with emotions I’ve never seen him show to others before.  “It’s all my fault…”

“It’s not your fault, Lucifer. You did not cause him to get hurt.” He shook his head quickly as I stare at him curiously.

“It’s all my fault… I did this to him.” What rubbish is he saying?! He saved him! If he had not rushed Ky back, he would’ve been dead already.

“Look here you idiotic piece of no brainer bas-” I started but was cut off quickly by a soft moan.

“Urgh…” A soft groan escaped Ky’s lips as his eyes fluttered open slightly, making Lucifer jump up from his seat quickly to call for White. He’s awake… he’s finally awake. Thank goodness.

The door soon slammed open again, revealing Lucifer and Dr White standing there, both with looks of relief. Checking his vitals quickly, Dr White announced that Ky’s alright and seems to be recovering well.

“How are you feeling?” Dr White questioned slowly as Ky processed his words.

“W-Where am I? What’s my name? What happened to me?” He asked fearfully as he watched us carefully with much cautiousness.