Chapter 23

Sorry for not being able to update as often as before. School work is overloading me.🙏

Lucifer’s POV:

“Lucy! Lucy! Lucyyyy!” Amerie squealed as she dashed into my office, throwing my doors wide open like a mini tornado.

“What’s the matter, Am?”

“Da! Da oofed!” Her words came out inaudibly as she fought to catch her breath while panting hard by the door.

“Calm down, Am. Speak slowly.” Walking up to her, I stuck out my hand to her to help her up, only to get pulled roughly by my hand as she went dashing off with me in toll. “What’s the rush, Am?” I questioned worriedly as I tried to maintain my balance as she dragged me along.

A smile. She turned with a wide smile on her face as her eyes sparkled brightly. “Daddy moved!”

Kai moved? He’s awake? For real?!

“Really?!”

“Yes really!” She exclaimed in glee only to shriek in surprise when I lifted her off her feet into my arms, sprinting my way towards the ward.

He’s awake. He’s finally awake!

Reaching the ward  in record time, I burst through the doors with Amerie in my safe embrace. A familiar pair of eyes stared at us both warmly as we stared back silently, both sides too speechless and emotional to even say anything.

He’s really awake. After all this time, he’s finally awake. Uncontrollable tears rolled down my face like a waterfall, making Kai chuckle lightly as Amerie frantically wipes my tears away with her small hands.

“Morning Satan.”

“It’s afternoon… dumbass.”

“My bad.”

“Daddy!”

“Hello, Angel. Have you been a good girl?” Kai gave her a soft smile while White, who’ve I just realised was also in the ward with us, checked his vitals, recording down notes now and then.

“Amerie good girl! Daddy no need worry! Amerie happy! Amerie...Amerie… A- Amerie missed Daddy.” Streaks of fat and heavy tears finally showed themselves as they rolled down her cheeks steadily as she cried her hearts out onto my shoulder. It must’ve been really hard on her all this while. She’s really a strong child. Stroking her hair gently, I carried her over to Kai’s side where he took her out from my arms and into his.

“I’m so proud of you. I’ve missed you too, Angel.” He whispered tenderly into her ears before wrapping her in a tight hug while comforting her motherly.

It didn’t take long for Amerie to fall asleep against his chest. White, after checking on Kai and deeming his condition stable, left the ward, carrying Amerie along with him to bring her into her room.

“H-How do you feel?” I finally questioned after regaining my lost self. Not like I never felt lost around him. He always made me lose my mind, be it good or bad.

“Other than how stiff my body feels, I’m fine.  By the way, how long was I out?”

“4 months…” I mumbled under my breath, making him order me to speak up. “4 months, 13 days, 16 hours, 56 minutes and 43 seconds.”

“4 months huh… did anything happen while I was out?”

“Not anything big. Just a few breakouts here and there but nothing my men couldn’t take care off.”

“Speaking about your men…” Kai dragged his words along as he tried to get off his bed.

“What are you doing? You shouldn’t be getting off so soon!” I panicked slightly,  pushing him back onto his bed as carefully and lightly as possible, making him roll his eyes.