Chapter 13

Kira’s POV:

“I’ll need you to cover up for me, can you do that?”

“Of course I can do that but I’m going with you.” You’ll think I let him go out alone after he comes spiderman-ing outside my window in full black with only a middle-sized haversack?

“No. You stay here. If we’re both gone at the same time, suspicions will be raised.” We can just say that we’re on a mission, what suspicions can even be ra- oh...a mission which involves a man and a woman only… makes sense.

“Then at least take some others with you! You’re entering a foreign land which may get you killed!”

“I’ll be careful. I promise. I’m just going to grab and bring Eros back. I’ll be back in no time.” He said reassuringly as he held onto my shoulders in a firm grip.

“F-Fine! Just come back safely! You must come back safely!” I eventually gave in to his words when I peered into his deep dark eyes which is filled with determination to bring his best friend back. I can’t be that heartless to stop him from doing that.

“I will. I’m not one of the best just for words only. Besides, I’ll be taking a speedboat so who knows, I may be back in a week or so with Eros with me.” Where did he even find a speedboat from? Sigh… oh well.

“When are you leaving?”

“In two hours time.” 2 hours time?! That’ll be 12am!

“Midnight?! It’ll be so dark! How are you even going to see where you’re travelling? Open sea some more!” There may be sharks or pirates lurking the sea at that time! What if he gets caught or attacked?! This plan of his is too reckless. He’s putting his life on the line!

“Did you forget that we were trained to fight in the dark? I got the top scores for all of the tests, remember?” Yes I remember but-

“Sigh… I understand. Just please be safe, Damon.” I sighed softly under my breath, letting him go as I know that there’s no changing his mind.

“I promise you, I will. Just don’t miss me too much kay?”

“Shut up. I won’t. Ain’t no time for that, especially when I still have to whip those pansies into shape.”

“That’s my girl. Just don’t make them cry too hard and run away.” He chuckled lightly with playfulness glinting in his eyes before pulling me into his firm and hard yet comforting and warm embrace. “I love you, Kira.”

“I love you too, Damon.” Standing on my tippy toes, I pressed our lips together as he kissed back hungrily, his tongue dipping into my mouth as we fought for dominance. No way was I letting him win so easily so I put up a battle with him but as expected, I lost.

Breaking away to catch our breaths, I patted his chest lightly before placing one last peck on his cheek. “Go and stay safe.” I ordered as he mock saluted.

“Yes Madam.” Sending me one last look, he jumped out of my window and disappearing into the darkness.

Stay safe Damon.

Lucifer’s POV:

“Any clues?” I asked the head of the search and rescue team, Jen, but she shook her head in regret.

“I’m sorry King Merci but this person is good at not leaving tracks. No footprints nor items left behind. Plus the heavy downpour that occured the day before, it washed away any foreign scent that may alarm the sniffer dogs.” Damn it. To think that I even think that it’s possible to find the one who hurt Kai but… what if he was just injured when he was trying to run away? It could be possible as one of the guards caught him escaping through the windows.