Chapter 43

3rd Person’s POV:

“Papa?” Amerie tugged lightly on Lucifer’s sleeve with tears in her eyes as they stood alone in front of Eros’s grave.

“Yes d-darling?” Lucifer’s voice cracked a little, choking back his tears as he looked down at their daughter that reminded him so much of his dead lover despite her not being their actual daughter.

“Is daddy never coming back like Amerie’s Papa and Mama?” In the end, the floodgates collapsed as big fat tears flowed down her cheeks like an endless stream. She remembered waiting so eagerly for both her adoptive parents to come back with smiles on their faces and matching rings on their fingers but ended up having only one back and with dried tear stains on his face. Her heart sank, knowing that something terrible had happened.

The day Lucifer had returned back to his castle with Eros’s lifeless body, he broke down like a baby in his mother’s arms upon seeing her standing at the door waiting for them with an anticipating look on her face. It took her less than a second to realise what had happened when she’ve spotted Eros’s body lying motionlessly in the carraige ever so peacefully.

On 9 September, year 1190, the family had lost a loving father, husband to be and a son-in-law. News was passed throughout the whole land and a moment of silence was held in rememberance of the fallen warrior and their supposedly second King.

“I’m sorry Amerie...I’m so so sorry. It’s all my fault.” Lucifer broke down in tears as he dropped to his knees to hug his crying daughter who sobbed into his shoulders. What shocked him afterwards was when Amerie suddenly pushed herself out of his embrace and wiped her tears away swiftly while standing up with a brave front.

“Not your fault Papa! Amerie...Amerie don’t like see you sad, Papa.” Lucifer looked at her dumbfounded as Amerie clenched her fist over her heart. “Daddy here! Daddy no leave Amerie and Papa. Daddy always always in here.” Amerie whispered softly as she moved her fist from her heart and over to Lucifer’s. This small action yet big words of her’s touched Lucifer’s heart when he realised how strong his little girl was and that what she said was right. Eros lives in their heart forever.

“Thank you Amerie. I love you so much.”

“I love you too Papa,” she announced before kissing Lucifer on his cheek lightly. Before anyone can say anything, she walked over to Eros’s tombstone and stood silently in front of it. “I’ll miss you, Daddy. Thank you for saving Amerie and for giving Amerie a family. Thank you for being my Daddy, Daddy, and I love you so so much.” Carrassing the tombstone gently like how she remembered Eros does to her to help her fall asleep, tears fell from her face once again as she placed a kiss against Eros’s photo. “I’ll grow up to be a big and strong girl that you’ll be proud of, Daddy. Just watch me okay?”

“Amerie dear…” Hearing Lucifer’s soothing voice, she couldn’t help but turn and run into his warm comforting embrace and cry her heart out once again. “Hi Love, I guess you overheard my plan to propose to you ey. You’re as sneaky as usual huh… I doubt you’ll ever know the truth to how we met but it all started with a fail assassination and that’s all I’m going to tell you. The other details aren’t important as the only important thing is you…

You know Kai? You’re the best thing that can ever happen to me... I failed. I broke my promise to protect you from all harms. I failed to protect you especially when you were so close to me. But knowing you, you’ll say that it’s not my fault and that I’ve tried my best cuz that’s how noble and kind-hearted you are.

Though our time together was short but thank you. Thank you for making our time together memorable and thanks for leaving me with precious memories of our times together. This time, I’ll swear on my life to protect Amerie. I promise to take care of our daughter and raise her up into a fine and courageous woman that you’ll be proud of… Until we meet again then… I love you so much Kai...my husband.”

Smiling down to Eros’s grave for the last time for the day, he picked Amerie up, carrying her back home where his Mum is waiting for them.

‘I’ll come visit you again soon, Kai. Until then, help me watch over Amerie with me ey?’ Lucifer called out mentally to Eros’s soul, hoping that he’ll be able to hear him. As if saying ‘of course’ in reply, a warm gust of wind enveloped them in a warm cozy embrace before dispersing into the surrounding. ‘Goodbye...Kai.’

Somewhere near the attendees area…

“I wonder who’s is this?” Clover questioned herself curiously as she picked up a gold locket from the grass after accidentally stepping on it.

“Oh! I’ve been looking for it!” Turning around to the source to who she’ve came to learn to be the nephew of Lord Vincentino, she cleaned the dirt away gently with her handkerchief before passing it to him. “Thanks a lot, Queen Clover. I thought I’ve lost it for good. My mum will kill me if I’ve lost it.” Jay breathed out a huge sigh of relief as he hugged the locket close to his heart.

“No worries Jay. I’ll be going then. Stay safe. Don’t go dropping it again okay?”

“Will do. Thanks again.” Waving a goodbye to her, he strolled slowly over to a tree near Eros’s grave before leaning against it while staring at the tombstone with longing eyes. Closing his eyes, he sent Eros a silent thanks for the time they’ve spent together. Before he can even leave, a strong gust of wind hit him hard, causing the locket to smash against the tree bark hard and split open, leaving him in a frantic mess. But what caught his eyes left him mute as he stared at the photo with teary eyes.

“D-Dad?”

~ The End ~

~ The End ~

P.S. Anyone remember who the guy in the photo is? Don't remember, check my character list.🙃

Wellllll....That's all loves for the 2nd book. 😝I know.😖 This book and its series is a failure compared to my first series so I'll stop this series here.🤐I'll be doing stand-alone books from here onwards and hope to see ya'll again soon😊

Bye then!👋